By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom's 2 unannounced PSVita titles

David Reeves head of capcom europe on the PSVITA in July 2011

"I am not actually sure if it’s been mentioned, so I am not going to, but there will be a launch title for the platform. And then we will do Street Fighter vs Tekken, and at least two others. I am sure you can guess what one of them has to be, considering the success in Japan."

So we obviously now know about Marvel vs capcom 3 and tekken x street fighter. But what are the other titles? At first I thought monster hunter probably began prodoction for the psvita but then got moved to the 3DS but the timing of this this statement (july) and the announcement of MH4 (sep) for 3DS were so close together I doubt they could port it in that time. Regardless this would still leaves another title unannounced. Have both games been cancled, was this guy just out of touch with japanese HQ? Were they moved to the 3DS? Unless they're mega ambitious titles we should have seen them by now. I'm tempted to say one of them is Monster Hunter Portable 4th, but would it make sense for they to split+confuse their userbase by releasing a seperate Vita exclusive MH game?

Whats everyone  else thinking?

http://tbreak.com/megamers/32227/features/interview-with-david-reeves-region-specific-customization-is-the-way-to-go-forward/2/

Around the Network

Is probably some version of MH, even the 360 has one.

Time to move on from MH, Sony is well known to move on from older ip's after a period of time. Would not be surprised if Sony wants something new from Capcom, something that would be a success world wide.

I say new 2 new ip.

Resident Evil and Breathe of Fire...A man can dream....

Since they mentioned Japan: Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

Yay!

Around the Network
loy310 said:

Time to move on from MH, Sony is well known to move on from older ip's after a period of time. Would not be surprised if Sony wants something new from Capcom, something that would be a success world wide.

I say new 2 new ip.

Errr...  I think you didn't read what he said properly, if at all.

Here: "I am sure you can guess what one of them has to be, considering the success in Japan"

In the end of the interview he also said this:

“I think down the road, you could probably see a Monster Hunter iteration somewhere,” he added. “Probably on both [3DS and Vita]. I haven’t heard any concrete plans…they don’t always share those plans…because they switch teams many times."

Doesn't seem much in touch with the japanese developer.
Anyway, a monster hunter vita is almost guaranteed down the line. The ideal would be a similar strategy as the 3DS for the end of next year (one updated version in december + 1 new game one and a half year later - the first coming along with a price cut, can be pretty big).

Either way, waiting game.

I think Monster Hunter was at one time planned for Vita and Nintendo and Capcom struck a deal in summer 2011 that basically killed that.

The analog stick-on was quickly slapped together by Nintendo for Monster Hunter and that was that.

Now that the Vita has basically bombed in Japan and the 3DS is building up a MH base, I think that ship has sailed for Sony.

Bet it's Monster Hunter. That alone would save the system.

monster hunter and something else

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype