By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Games That Need To Stop: God Of War

Zelda needs to stop... Being so awesome!

Around the Network

The article says it best:

"As long as it continues to sell and is enjoyed, why not keep pumping out the titles?"

If anything, they could perhaps change the setting to Nordic mythology or something else. I don't know how GoW fans would take that though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

after this one yea...but the multiplayer looks awesome so i dismiss the fact that its the 4th one. as long as the team gets done with it and releases a new ip soon or next gen im good with how everything is

They should start the game in other mythology with new character.

As far as ending a series goes, there are far worse series that get released every one-two years and have 4-5 games in a gen. You know what I mean.

riderz13371 said:

I didn't write this! Just want to share it and see if you guys think that the God of War series needs to stop and they should move on to something else. IMO hell no it shouldn't stop. The games are fantastic and have some of the most epic moments. A franchise should never stop as long as it is successful and brings something new and fresh everytime.

http://www.vgamerz.com/games-that-need-to-stop-god-of-war

God Of War has plenty of history to show why it’s still successful today. The formula works, the graphics are great, the gameplay is addicting and fun, and the games are excessively violent. But with God Of War: Ascension set to launch soon, one has to wonder, how far is this series going to go? Wasn’t God Of War supposed to be wrapped up with the third installment?

Seeing as Santa Monica Studios, the company behind God Of War, is a first party developer, the case here is most likely similar to that of Halo. The marketing potential and past sales simply outweigh the potential for fan backlash. The company has a formula down, and as long as it continues to sell and is enjoyed, why not keep pumping out the titles?

God Of War I and II launched on PS2 in 2005 and 2007, respectively. The series wrapped up in 2010 with God Of War III. There were two PSP titles, Chains Of Olympus and Ghosts Of Sparta, that were later put together and ported over to the PS3 in the God Of War: Origins Collection. Since then, we’ve received an announcement and a trailer for God Of War: Ascension, along with a mention that, for the first time in the series, will feature multiplayer.

Assuming God Of War: Ascension isn’t a flop, the series will most likely continue. I’d be shocked if there’s no Vita God Of War game, and the series will likely continue right into the PS4. How remains yet to be seen, Kratos’ story is pretty much done. But as big as God Of War is, it’s probably not going anywhere soon.

Definetly, Ascension is too much anyway. It just trivializes the whole franchise

Around the Network

Hell no, GoW is the BEST thing on Playstation imo.

Throw Halo and COD there aswel. Uncharted doesn't need to stop, it just needs a break.

Proclus said:
Hell no, GoW is the BEST thing on Playstation imo.

I agree with you on that one. I mean, GoW 3 is a 5 million+ seller(according to a report by Sony), so I don't see the reason for them stopping atm.

Bristow9091 said:
Well, they ARE going to run out of things to do soon enough, I mean, how many gods are left now lol, and after the gods who will they use? Will Kratos wrestle with Callisto and he's the one to set her among the stars lol.

I really think they could do with visiting a different mythology... although I doubt they'll be able to ever create a new character as badass as Kratos, lol.

Next up, a game about Kratos as an angsty rebellious sex-addicted murderous teenager.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Its PS3s "3rd string", offcourse they will keep it around.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.