By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Games That Need To Stop: God Of War

I didn't write this! Just want to share it and see if you guys think that the God of War series needs to stop and they should move on to something else. IMO hell no it shouldn't stop. The games are fantastic and have some of the most epic moments. A franchise should never stop as long as it is successful and brings something new and fresh everytime.

http://www.vgamerz.com/games-that-need-to-stop-god-of-war

God Of War has plenty of history to show why it’s still successful today. The formula works, the graphics are great, the gameplay is addicting and fun, and the games are excessively violent. But with God Of War: Ascension set to launch soon, one has to wonder, how far is this series going to go? Wasn’t God Of War supposed to be wrapped up with the third installment?

Seeing as Santa Monica Studios, the company behind God Of War, is a first party developer, the case here is most likely similar to that of Halo. The marketing potential and past sales simply outweigh the potential for fan backlash. The company has a formula down, and as long as it continues to sell and is enjoyed, why not keep pumping out the titles?

God Of War I and II launched on PS2 in 2005 and 2007, respectively. The series wrapped up in 2010 with God Of War III. There were two PSP titles, Chains Of Olympus and Ghosts Of Sparta, that were later put together and ported over to the PS3 in the God Of War: Origins Collection. Since then, we’ve received an announcement and a trailer for God Of War: Ascension, along with a mention that, for the first time in the series, will feature multiplayer.

Assuming God Of War: Ascension isn’t a flop, the series will most likely continue. I’d be shocked if there’s no Vita God Of War game, and the series will likely continue right into the PS4. How remains yet to be seen, Kratos’ story is pretty much done. But as big as God Of War is, it’s probably not going anywhere soon.

Around the Network

what a weak ass article

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
what a weak ass article

I know! Posted it so I can see you guys flame it lol.

It absolutely should not stop. However, ANOTHER prequel? What more could there possibly be to explore? Also, all the big guys are already dead, so I think it will be quite challenging to top III. I was really hoping the next game was going to be a sequel involving a different pagan religion, but I've loved every God of War game so far (Chains of Olympus being the weakest) and I'm sure I won't be disappointed with this next one.

BradleyJ said:
It absolutely should not stop. However, ANOTHER prequel? What more could there possibly be to explore? Also, all the big guys are already dead, so I think it will be quite challenging to top III. I was really hoping the next game was going to be a sequel involving a different pagan religion, but I've loved every God of War game so far (Chains of Olympus being the weakest) and I'm sure I won't be disappointed with this next one.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just made up some random bosses/gods. I just wanna beat the shit out of everyone.

Around the Network

That was perhaps the least convincing article I've ever read.

I agree. Move on to something else. I want them to apply the same concepts to the Arthurian legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Gow is awesome, but i bet they can be just as awesome with another game imo.
Like a cool ass ninja game,or one as joan of ark, or a grimdark knights of the round.

God of War - The most critically acclaimed, award winning, beloved and best-selling franchise in the genre of all time.... Needs to stop? No, only an absolutely tasteless fool would say otherwise, whether you're into the franchise or not you have to appreciate how successful it is and how every singly game they've released has been a massively critically acclaimed hit, why the hell would Sony want that to end their second biggest and most critically acclaimed franchise when they are guaranteed to sell millions.

The only thing that has to stop is entitled attention seeking idiots stop turning to the internet to share opinions nobody in the real would agrees with (Not at you by the way riderz13371).

They could make a really sick fatestaynight game.