By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Games That Need To Stop: God Of War

DieAppleDie said:
Riderz
DmC is in huge decline since the first one, is not the same, i think GoW3 might be the peak in terms of sales, Ascension is going to sell nowhere near 3, and GoW 4 is so far away that the series popularity is going to be hard to maintain

Ascension pre-orders are more than 2x that of God of War 3 in the same time frame.
There is also a multiplayer beta coming up which means more hype. Sales will be amazing. This game should post the best week 1 sales for a PS3 exclusive. If reviews are in the 90s(they will be) then it wil go on to pass God of War 3 in sales.

Oh and GoW3 is the best selling game in the franchise even though God of War 1 had a MUCH higher install base....I'd say the franchise is still growing. It's far from finished. The series popularity won't be hard to maintain. Santa Monica is an amazing studio and God of War 4 will be a PS4 title. It will kinda have a chance to re-establish itself to a new audience on PS4.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
God of War is easily one of my favorite franchises of all time.

But in a way I agree. Simply because God of War 3 didnt leave anything open. -spoilers - I mean Kratos freaking kills EVERYONE.

The gameplay and graphics of the franchise are absolutly top notch but really from a story perspective theres no where left to go.

Dont' be so sure! They are introducing a time-travel ability for Kratos in GoW: Ascension. 

VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
God of War is easily one of my favorite franchises of all time.

But in a way I agree. Simply because God of War 3 didnt leave anything open. -spoilers - I mean Kratos freaking kills EVERYONE.

The gameplay and graphics of the franchise are absolutly top notch but really from a story perspective theres no where left to go.

Dont' be so sure! They are introducing a time-travel ability for Kratos in GoW: Ascension. 

Yea the second that very first reveal had him rebuild the structure I was like "holly hell the sequel is a prequel!" I hate most prequels because they have to dumb down the character but in this game what's to stop Kratos from being the god he was after 3 but killing everyone in the past. We could kill Zeus again!!!

I think this game will have the similar effect as Halo 4. Intially the hype was much less than of its predecessors but now when its releasing the hype is far more than any of the previous installments. Anyways the MP looks like the best I've seen so far so I'm gonna pick this one up first day.

Hell no. God of War is my favorite Sony series.

Around the Network

The whole God of War series is undertracked on VGC...according to Sony it sold 5.2 million but VGC has it less than 4.5 million units. Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

and the reason is???

VGKing said:
DieAppleDie said:
Riderz
DmC is in huge decline since the first one, is not the same, i think GoW3 might be the peak in terms of sales, Ascension is going to sell nowhere near 3, and GoW 4 is so far away that the series popularity is going to be hard to maintain

Ascension pre-orders are more than 2x that of God of War 3 in the same time frame.
There is also a multiplayer beta coming up which means more hype. Sales will be amazing. This game should post the best week 1 sales for a PS3 exclusive. If reviews are in the 90s(they will be) then it wil go on to pass God of War 3 in sales.

Oh and GoW3 is the best selling game in the franchise even though God of War 1 had a MUCH higher install base....I'd say the franchise is still growing. It's far from finished. The series popularity won't be hard to maintain. Santa Monica is an amazing studio and God of War 4 will be a PS4 title. It will kinda have a chance to re-establish itself to a new audience on PS4.

The multiplayer already looks AMAZING and I can confidently say that I trust Santa Monica to make an amazing SP so ultimatly between an amazing MP and an even more amazing SP this game is going to be the biggest of the series. It's already in the 50k preorder mark and the game is 21 weeks away and all we've seen are a couple of trailers with mostly multiplayer footage. Definetly gonna be the most preordered in the series and the highest selling. Without a doubt in my mind.

You know, while I love God of War, I would like to see them start a new action series. Maybe Ascension will alter the gameplay enough to bring something new to the series (I haven't been paying attention at all to the previews/trailers).

I agree that it should stop, though perhaps not for the same reason. While I enjoy the gameplay, Kratos himself is the problem. He is simply not an interesting figure; there is no depth to his character at all. He was pretty good in the 1st game, dull in every game since. I would prefer the team to keep the same core gameplay, but introduce a new character (a better one) and new mythology.