By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are The Next-Gen Consoles Arriving Too Soon?

I feel like they're coming in a bit late. The wii got old to me after three years it came out. And the 360 and ps3 started to feel old to me late last year. I really can't wait until the new consoles come out.

Around the Network

Too late. Look at the NPD charts, interest in video games is declining big time, a sure tell tale sign they've let this generation go on for too long.

To long in my opinion. Glad Nintendo took the initiative to start this next gen otherwise MS and Sony probably wouldn't even be worried about next gen.

They're already overdue IMO, any later than 2013 would just be wrong.

I think the next gen is long overdue. I'm getting 2 more games this year and nothing at all until GTAV comes out,and that's pretty much if for me.

Around the Network

if the next gen consoles cant keep up with PC hardware i doubt there will be much of a market left for them, with AMD's latest APU's offering PC gaming for $300 which then provides upgrade opportunities and slim line PC cases which are not bulky and about the same size as a fat ps3 the next gen will have to be some thing really special to persuade purchase.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Heres an idea: Wait a couple years before you jump into the next gen.

Its overdue at this point.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.