By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Allstars Battle Royale is sooooooooo fun!

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude, I am addicted. I've played like three hours straight with friends and I must say I am so impressed. It is like Super Smash on crack with frantic pacing to it. Sucks that we could only play with six characters on the beta though. 

P.S.

General Radec is an asshole.

I haven't played it yet so I have a qustion. Is there a game mode more similar to Super Smash Bros instead of it being based around supers?  I hate that it is based around supers so if they have  game modes more like Super Smash Bros I'll definitely try it

There will be other game modes. This is the Beta from E3. The full game will have a lot of characters and far more match choices, plus the DLC.

I guess Ill jut wait until the game is released to figure it out

Try the beta for 5 min. If that doesn't appease you wait for the release as you say.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HabinoBR said:
I'm addicted to it as well on my Vita. Maining Sweet Tooth ftw! And Kratos is an OP mo-fo, dang, that guy gets LV3 like no one

Funny, I always get specials faster with Radec and Parappa. Kratos is a beast though. lol

Yes! Finally some love for Sweet Tooth, that shotgun blast to the face is addicting. He doesn't move as fast as other characters but really good at close combat fights and he also has a lot of annoying (for others) attacks like the torches, machetes and mines he throws.

Sweet Tooth is really underrated, but if he is mastered he can do a lot of damage. His level 3 is awesome!

Can't wait for the beta to be released for everyone.

Signature goes here!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I wish Sony would pick up their marketing for this game. If they didnt this could truly become such an underrated title

Recall that Smash Bros started out as a small-ish title. If this game is as purely fun as those here are describing, it should do fine.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude, I am addicted. I've played like three hours straight with friends and I must say I am so impressed. It is like Super Smash on crack with frantic pacing to it. Sucks that we could only play with six characters on the beta though. 

P.S.

I haven't played it yet so I have a qustion. Is there a game mode more similar to Super Smash Bros instead of it being based around supers?  I hate that it is based around supers so if they have  game modes more like Super Smash Bros I'll definitely try it

People are already crying and saying how it's like Smash Bros (which it isn't). If they added the same game modes as Smash Bros Nintendo fans would have an outrage. It's ridiculous.

Well that's just fans of a company rather than gamers.  If it's based off supers then this game is going to flop

Why do you say it's going to flop? I think it takes more skill if you have to kill someone with a super rather than getting a lucky hit and throwing them off the arena to get a kill. Not to mention that all (I think all or most) supers have counters therefore further emphasizing the need for skill rather than luck. I know right now some characters get supers really quick but this is the beta stage and this is the reason they are doing a beta. I remember Omar Kendell saying they had some sort of technology that showed Superbot how many total supers a character uses how many kills that character gets with it or how many kills the character does not get. This can be used to see if some characters are OP or if some are underpowered. 

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
MDMAlliance said:
riderz13371 said:

People are already crying and saying how it's like Smash Bros (which it isn't). If they added the same game modes as Smash Bros Nintendo fans would have an outrage. It's ridiculous.

However, the game is quite obviously inspired by the success of Super Smash Bros.  It may be a different game, but there's no denying the connection.  Not that it makes me angry in any way, but it is also ridiculous when people deny any connection.

how did he deny the connection?

I don't recall saying anyone's names.  It was a general statement.  Didn't imply he was the one.

About the "ring outs" I'll be honest I love them I wish that type of match is in the final game but after playing the beta the "super kill" mechanic is very good too because it encourages to fight since thats the best way to fill up the bar, if you want to win you have to fight.

There is strategy when delivering the super you have to find the right moment do it for example Sweet Tooth attach a dynamite to your back and kick you if the explosion touch other players it kills them too. Its heartbreaking when you fail a super but is really awesome when you dodge it and even better when you survive a level 3.

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

P.S.

Well that's just fans of a company rather than gamers.  If it's based off supers then this game is going to flop

Why do you say it's going to flop? I think it takes more skill if you have to kill someone with a super rather than getting a lucky hit and throwing them off the arena to get a kill. Not to mention that all (I think all or most) supers have counters therefore further emphasizing the need for skill rather than luck. I know right now some characters get supers really quick but this is the beta stage and this is the reason they are doing a beta. I remember Omar Kendell saying they had some sort of technology that showed Superbot how many total supers a character uses how many kills that character gets with it or how many kills the character does not get. This can be used to see if some characters are OP or if some are underpowered. 

Because the reason SSB is fun is you have to try and survive, and even when you get hit really far you can some how manage to make it back to the platform.  SSB makes it unpredictable and fun.  Sony is already lacking likeable characters but basing it off of supers to get kills will get old real quick.   That's what people rely on.  prediction this game will recieve 78-82 metacritic.  I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest.  Ill try the beta and see if I change my mind but doubtful.  If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it.  Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose.

JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

P.S.

Funny, I thought the same thing until I played it. Its actually more fun and challenging to build up supers and have the highest score at the end and win. You see, its not that easy if you've got stiff competition. Even if you power up your bar to level 2 and are awaiting your finisher, if you are getting your ass handed to you, even if you build it up it will grow slower and slower because you keep losing energy balls that once filled your bar. If you can keep safe and build up your bar without losing energy, you'll clear the room in no time. I dont see this game flopping at all, it something you really must play before you can judge. I didnt know how good it was until I played it and said the same exact thing you are now. I thought you cant have a game that is based on specials, but again this is an old beta with only one match type.

MDMAlliance said:
o_O.Q said:
MDMAlliance said:
riderz13371 said:

However, the game is quite obviously inspired by the success of Super Smash Bros.  It may be a different game, but there's no denying the connection.  Not that it makes me angry in any way, but it is also ridiculous when people deny any connection.

how did he deny the connection?

I don't recall saying anyone's names.  It was a general statement.  Didn't imply he was the one.

o_O so you entered the thread just to say that?... ok