By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Allstars Battle Royale is sooooooooo fun!

Rafux said:
About the "ring outs" I'll be honest I love them I wish that type of match is in the final game but after playing the beta the "super kill" mechanic is very good too because it encourages to fight since thats the best way to fill up the bar, if you want to win you have to fight.

There is strategy when delivering the super you have to find the right moment do it for example Sweet Tooth attach a dynamite to your back and kick you if the explosion touch other players it kills them too. Its heartbreaking when you fail a super but is really awesome when you dodge it and even better when you survive a level 3.

I like ring outs if you are the one doing it, but if you accidentally get a ring out it ruins the experience if you arent invested in it. I feel more reward in beating everyone at seeing who truly is the best. Because there are no ring outs, you dont fear to take risks and be creative with the way that you play.

Around the Network

This seems to be a title that screams for bundling. It offers instant fun while actually advertising other games. It's almost a shame they didn't create it earlier, it could have become somewhat iconic. I think it would be a good idea to have an updated version as a launch title for the PS4, even if the lifetime sales of this version aren't great. It could build into Sony's best party-ish game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude, I am addicted. I've played like three hours straight with friends and I must say I am so impressed. It is like Super Smash on crack with frantic pacing to it. Sucks that we could only play with six characters on the beta though. 

P.S.

General Radec is an asshole.

I haven't played it yet so I have a qustion. Is there a game mode more similar to Super Smash Bros instead of it being based around supers?  I hate that it is based around supers so if they have  game modes more like Super Smash Bros I'll definitely try it

People are already crying and saying how it's like Smash Bros (which it isn't). If they added the same game modes as Smash Bros Nintendo fans would have an outrage. It's ridiculous.

Well that's just fans of a company rather than gamers.  If it's based off supers then this game is going to flop

Funny, I thought the same thing until I played it. Its actually more fun and challenging to build up supers and have the highest score at the end and win. You see, its not that easy if you've got stiff competition. Even if you power up your bar to level 2 and are awaiting your finisher, if you are getting your ass handed to you, even if you build it up it will grow slower and slower because you keep losing energy balls that once filled your bar. If you can keep safe and build up your bar without losing energy, you'll clear the room in no time. I dont see this game flopping at all, it something you really must play before you can judge. I didnt know how good it was until I played it and said the same exact thing you are now. I thought you cant have a game that is based on specials, but again this is an old beta with only one match type.

I'll give it a shot but im not expecting much, who knows I may be wrong. I dont expect it to be as good as SSB but I would still like it to be good at least.  If it can even manage a 85 metacritic, I'd be happy with that and most likely buy it.

pokoko said:
This seems to be a title that screams for bundling. It offers instant fun while actually advertising other games. It's almost a shame they didn't create it earlier, it could have become somewhat iconic. I think it would be a good idea to have an updated version as a launch title for the PS4, even if the lifetime sales of this version aren't great. It could build into Sony's best party-ish game.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

JayWood2010 said:

Because the reason SSB is fun is you have to try and survive, and even when you get hit really far you can some how manage to make it back to the platform.  SSB makes it unpredictable and fun.  Sony is already lacking likeable characters but basing it off of supers to get kills will get old real quick.   That's what people rely on.  prediction this game will recieve 78-82 metacritic.  I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest.  Ill try the beta and see if I change my mind but doubtful.  If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it.  Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose.

" I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest."

why when smash bros is already there would you want another game that plays the same?

why not just play smash bros?

"If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it. "

well that isn't happening so you can move on

"Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."

well it is a game for fans of playstation characters like drake, jak, kratos etc... it was never mean't for people who aren't fans of thhose characters

Around the Network
pokoko said:

It's extremely sad they didnt make this game before and bundle it since people has been asking for this game for a decade.

o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:

Because the reason SSB is fun is you have to try and survive, and even when you get hit really far you can some how manage to make it back to the platform.  SSB makes it unpredictable and fun.  Sony is already lacking likeable characters but basing it off of supers to get kills will get old real quick.   That's what people rely on.  prediction this game will recieve 78-82 metacritic.  I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest.  Ill try the beta and see if I change my mind but doubtful.  If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it.  Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose.

why when smash bros is already there would you want another game that plays the same?

well it is a game for fans of playstation characters like drake, jak, kratos etc... it was never mean't for people who aren't fans of thhose characters

haha I am a fan of those characters but if the mechanics are not good I could care less.  I don't believe I said anything about me not liking sony characters?  No they're not as iconic as nintendo characters but i do like them.  To bad they didnt get crash, spyro, gex, etc

JayWood2010 said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:

haha I am a fan of those characters but if the mechanics are not good I could care less.  I don't believe I said anything about me not liking sony characters?  No they're not as iconic as nintendo characters but i do like them.  To bad they didnt get crash, spyro, gex, etc

There will be dlc. The way the game plays though I am quite happy with the roster. I wasnt at first but I understand why certain characters were chosen first. If they put Mario from Brawl in with these guys hed get mangled.

pokoko said:

Oh, Sony should have had a Smash-Bros-esque game made by 2004, after seeing how well Melee worked at advertising Nintendo franchises (allowing for Fire Emblem's localization and helping to bring Metroid back from its 8-year hiatus). PS-All Stars at the height of Sony dominance would indeed have been an instant classic, whereas this game will have to fight the same kind of late-gen adversity that the original Smash Bros or, say, Skyward Sword had to fight.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

JayWood2010 said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:

huh?

"I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."