By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Allstars Battle Royale is sooooooooo fun!

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:

Because the reason SSB is fun is you have to try and survive, and even when you get hit really far you can some how manage to make it back to the platform.  SSB makes it unpredictable and fun.  Sony is already lacking likeable characters but basing it off of supers to get kills will get old real quick.   That's what people rely on.  prediction this game will recieve 78-82 metacritic.  I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest.  Ill try the beta and see if I change my mind but doubtful.  If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it.  Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose.

" I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest."

why when smash bros is already there would you want another game that plays the same?

why not just play smash bros?

"If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it. "

well that isn't happening so you can move on

"Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."

well it is a game for fans of playstation characters like drake, jak, kratos etc... it was never mean't for people who aren't fans of thhose characters

haha I am a fan of those characters but if the mechanics are not good I could care less.  I don't believe I said anything about me not liking sony characters?  No they're not as iconic as nintendo characters but i do like them.  To bad they didnt get crash, spyro, gex, etc

huh?

"I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."

He's pessimistic. Just let him play it, because theres nothing more that one can say. The for the little it contains packs a world of fun, so a full version just makes it a first day buy for me. Hes just going to have to wait for the free beta outside of plus.

When does the beta start outside PSN+

October 23rd

Definetly going to download it XD  Here is for hoping I'm wrong haha

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
sigh guys...I don't know if you are being too nice or just naive. Why the hell are you trying to convince Jaywood? The man will NOT like this game even if it lays golden eggs for him. Ignore him

Same for MDMAlliance...I even feel like reporting him for bringing in shit absolutely NO ONE was saying. It's been months since the reveal. Get the fuck over it already.

Anywho OT

@CHev: HOLY SHIT DUDE! 0_0 I don't think even I have hit that high of a score yet..and I have played all three betas lololol fantastic stuff. We should definitely team up :P

@Rafux: yes I agree 100%. Some of these supers take some extreme good timing and thinking. ST lvl 1 is a great example. I have seen people getting 3 kills with it. If you play smart and aggressively you can definitely get the maximum out of supers. I think once players start to understand blocking, dodge rolling and countering supers better this game will be even more competitive

oh and did you peepz know that if two people activate lvl 3s at the same time...only the one who goes first (even if it's by a mili second) gets his lvl 3 BUT the other one not only gets his lvl 3 disabled he will also lose all his AP! haha most frustrating shit ever.

What did I say wrong? I was really looking forward to this game up until E3's stage demo.  I'm still hoping it turns out good so what am I saying that is so wrong?

JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
Ohh and PlayStation YouTube channel just posted a new vid called "the arrival".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hkFC5JGOgqg

Sorry for posting all this stuff here I can't create topics until i get 50 posts lol.

lol well keep posting lol  Reply to this saying something.  Help you with your 50 posts :P

Its probably the PSN Redesign. If its another game Sony is just boss.

I think Kratos is the easiest to play with and his super is a bit OP.......
But each character has his/her advantages. You just need to pick the right strategy.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rafux said:
About the "ring outs" I'll be honest I love them I wish that type of match is in the final game but after playing the beta the "super kill" mechanic is very good too because it encourages to fight since thats the best way to fill up the bar, if you want to win you have to fight.

There is strategy when delivering the super you have to find the right moment do it for example Sweet Tooth attach a dynamite to your back and kick you if the explosion touch other players it kills them too. Its heartbreaking when you fail a super but is really awesome when you dodge it and even better when you survive a level 3.

I like ring outs if you are the one doing it, but if you accidentally get a ring out it ruins the experience if you arent invested in it. I feel more reward in beating everyone at seeing who truly is the best. Because there are no ring outs, you dont fear to take risks and be creative with the way that you play.

I didn't think about it but you are right with ring outs when you have a high percentage any punch sent you flying so you try to avoid direct combat, with super kill mechanics there is constant combat all the time and you take more risk.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:

Sorry for posting all this stuff here I can't create topics until i get 50 posts lol.

lol well keep posting lol  Reply to this saying something.  Help you with your 50 posts :P

They delayed the PS Store design. So it won't be out October 23rd. I don't think it's for the PS Store redesign. 

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/20/playstation-store-update-delayed-in-north-america

JayWood2010 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
sigh guys...I don't know if you are being too nice or just naive. Why the hell are you trying to convince Jaywood? The man will NOT like this game even if it lays golden eggs for him. Ignore him

Same for MDMAlliance...I even feel like reporting him for bringing in shit absolutely NO ONE was saying. It's been months since the reveal. Get the fuck over it already.

Anywho OT

@CHev: HOLY SHIT DUDE! 0_0 I don't think even I have hit that high of a score yet..and I have played all three betas lololol fantastic stuff. We should definitely team up :P

@Rafux: yes I agree 100%. Some of these supers take some extreme good timing and thinking. ST lvl 1 is a great example. I have seen people getting 3 kills with it. If you play smart and aggressively you can definitely get the maximum out of supers. I think once players start to understand blocking, dodge rolling and countering supers better this game will be even more competitive

oh and did you peepz know that if two people activate lvl 3s at the same time...only the one who goes first (even if it's by a mili second) gets his lvl 3 BUT the other one not only gets his lvl 3 disabled he will also lose all his AP! haha most frustrating shit ever.

What did I say wrong? I was really looking forward to this game up until E3's stage demo.  I'm still hoping it turns out good so what am I saying that is so wrong?

If I start getting into it this thread is gonna go in a whole new direction. So I rather not say...and if I say what I actually think I'm gonna get banned any ways lol so let's just skip ahead

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Rafux said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rafux said:
About the "ring outs" I'll be honest I love them I wish that type of match is in the final game but after playing the beta the "super kill" mechanic is very good too because it encourages to fight since thats the best way to fill up the bar, if you want to win you have to fight.

There is strategy when delivering the super you have to find the right moment do it for example Sweet Tooth attach a dynamite to your back and kick you if the explosion touch other players it kills them too. Its heartbreaking when you fail a super but is really awesome when you dodge it and even better when you survive a level 3.

I like ring outs if you are the one doing it, but if you accidentally get a ring out it ruins the experience if you arent invested in it. I feel more reward in beating everyone at seeing who truly is the best. Because there are no ring outs, you dont fear to take risks and be creative with the way that you play.

I didn't think about it but you are right with ring outs when you have a high percentage any punch sent you flying so you try to avoid direct combat, with super kill mechanics there is constant combat all the time and you take more risk.

Yep that pretty much spells out this game, frantic fun, but also makes you think under extreme pressure. The beta matches are only 3 minutes so make the best of the time and have fun! :)

riderz13371 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:

They delayed the PS Store design. So it won't be out October 23rd. I don't think it's for the PS Store redesign. 

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/20/playstation-store-update-delayed-in-north-america

God Sony, I hate how they do this to me.

JayWood2010 said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:
o_O.Q said:
JayWood2010 said:

Because the reason SSB is fun is you have to try and survive, and even when you get hit really far you can some how manage to make it back to the platform.  SSB makes it unpredictable and fun.  Sony is already lacking likeable characters but basing it off of supers to get kills will get old real quick.   That's what people rely on.  prediction this game will recieve 78-82 metacritic.  I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest.  Ill try the beta and see if I change my mind but doubtful.  If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it.  Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose.

" I was really hoping this game would be more like SSB to be honest."

why when smash bros is already there would you want another game that plays the same?

why not just play smash bros?

"If the do have another game mode like SSB ill probably end up getting it. "

well that isn't happening so you can move on

"Even then though, I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."

well it is a game for fans of playstation characters like drake, jak, kratos etc... it was never mean't for people who aren't fans of thhose characters

haha I am a fan of those characters but if the mechanics are not good I could care less.  I don't believe I said anything about me not liking sony characters?  No they're not as iconic as nintendo characters but i do like them.  To bad they didnt get crash, spyro, gex, etc

huh?

"I'm not thrilled with the characters they chose."

yes but that doesn't mean I don't like sony characters.  i just think they could have done a better job at choosing characters.  Kid, I'm not some anti-sony guy so please stop accusing me of things i did not say.  Im not thrilled with the list because they left out characters like crash and spyro but instead  added tekken characters and Big Daddy.

i'm not... i only quoted you directly on what you said... twice now...

third party characters are obviously out of their control... tekken originated on playstation so heihachi actually fits...