By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If Mitt Romney Wins and does a good job.

Yes, yes, I would. But I have to honestly say, I think both things are unlikely.

First, I don't think he will win.

Second, I don't think he would be a good president at all. I fear what he would do for civil rights, human rights, women, gay and lesbian people, atheist, people who aren't like him. I think he could really turn this country into the religious nightmare that the USA is in the game Alpha Centuri. I think he would bad, very bad.

Third, I think he would ruin more business. The Bush administration and 'tax cuts' for the wealthy have put too much tax pressure on the middle class - and it's dissolving them. The country is ending up with it's entitled class, and it's surfs (most anybody, and anyone who works for a living.) And the everyone else, the surfs, seem content on anti depressants and watching the entitled class makes fools of themselves on 'Reality TV.'

Forth, he seems like he really doesn't understand foreign policy. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets bored and decides to start a war to distract from his failure in the economy. He never served, nor any of his kids, he doesn't seems to appreciate what sacrifices others make.

Fifth, he has a terrible record at Bain. Example: he took the largest US manufacture of mattresses, ruined them, then sold the scarp - while pocketing the cash. That's now 'growing business' that business vamperism.

But if all those things don't happen, and he doesn't do whatever 'the profit' of his Church decides he should do, if he is different than his current 60+ years, and is actually good. You bet, I would be happy to support him.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Yes, yes, I would. But I have to honestly say, I think both things are unlikely.

First, I don't think he will win.

Second, I don't think he would be a good president at all. I fear what he would do for civil rights, human rights, women, gay and lesbian people, atheist, people who aren't like him. I think he could really turn this country into the religious nightmare that the USA is in the game Alpha Centuri. I think he would bad, very bad.

Third, I think he would ruin more business. The Bush administration and 'tax cuts' for the wealthy have put too much tax pressure on the middle class - and it's dissolving them. The country is ending up with it's entitled class, and it's surfs (most anybody, and anyone who works for a living.) And the everyone else, the surfs, seem content on anti depressants and watching the entitled class makes fools of themselves on 'Reality TV.'

Forth, he seems like he really doesn't understand foreign policy. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets bored and decides to start a war to distract from his failure in the economy. He never served, nor any of his kids, he doesn't seems to appreciate what sacrifices others make.

Fifth, he has a terrible record at Bain. Example: he took the largest US manufacture of mattresses, ruined them, then sold the scarp - while pocketing the cash. That's now 'growing business' that business vamperism.

But if all those things don't happen, and he doesn't do whatever 'the profit' of his Church decides he should do, if he is different than his current 60+ years, and is actually good. You bet, I would be happy to support him.

First, he will win. By a wide margin. Ahead in the electoral map as per RealClearPolitics. Ahead nationally in virtually all polls.

Second, he cannot infringe upon your civil rights as this would be unconstitutional. Go back to school.

Third, he has a record of investing wisely promoting company growth. Tax cuts don't dissolve classes. What nonsense. Again, go back to school.

Forth, his policy is nearly identical to Obamas.

Fifth, see "Third". Additionally, citing one company that went under out of hundreds is laughably obtuse as most of his investments produced profits at an 85% rate.

Clueless people need not post misinformation.

spurgeonryan said:
Food stamps. I have seen people buy extranagant things with food stamps.

Just think of all the taxes wengetnoff food stamps. All the jobs (income tax) just tongetnit to you. Farmers, suppliers, plant workers, transportation,etc.

Then you get all these people going out buying groceries stimulating the economy even more. While they are there they buy more items that's not food. Pay for gas, etc.

Parts to fix equipment to fix machinery used to produce this food. Etc

Now. Tell me. Does t still do what you just said?

@ torillian

Yes. If he was to win he would need to make many mad. But not tax payers and voters. The Rich and powerful, special interest who do not care about complaining Americans.

The problem with your arguement is... you are ingoring the part where taxes take money OUT of the economy until it's redistributed as foodstamps.   Hurting the economy.

That's generally the part people, often unknowingly, but sometimes intentionally leaves out.

If you do studies that account for both welfare spending and the cost on the economy of the taxes.  Welfare is a net negative overall.

Generally however people will just dishonestly look at what the welfare spending will do, ignroing the fact that that money woudl be doing something somewhere else if not taxed in the first place.

Not that welfare should be justified on the sense of "economic sense".

It doesn't make "Economic sense".   Donating to charity doesn't individually make "Economic sense" either though.

Zappykins said:

I agree... if Mitt Romney is president he'll probably make it so that he can indefinitly lock up any citizen the US suspects of being a terrorist.  Kill children overseas, kill americans overseas,  expand use of FIsa, raid marijuana dispenseries....

oh wait.

See... at least if Mitt Romney was president, people would give a shit about civil liberties again.

He'd probably get away with less because people would call him on it.

NDAA, killing an americna on foreign soil?   No way a republican gets away with bullshit like that.

I honestly think if Mitt Romney wins (which is looking more and more unlikely due to battleground state polls) he'd be more liberal than some conservatives might like. Also, there's been reports out that the economy is likely to add 12 million jobs regardless of who becomes the next President, so I probably wouldn't attribute economic growth to Mitt Romney's policies. However, his foreign policy seems to be exactly the same as Obama's (assuming neocons don't start a war with Iran). I still wouldn't vote for him, but I could be satisfied with some of his policies.