By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ads sponsor screen showing up too much?

The ad that shows up with 20 seconds count down. It has been showing up very often when they were, I think, once per day.

Is it just me? I didn't change any settings whatsoever.

Around the Network

Same here. It used to show up around once per day (normally my first click), but now it's showing up every other click. Getting really annoying. =/

Every damn click it feels like.

Gamewise just ain't paying the bills I guess.

a little... this site looks like those old social sites that were popular in middle school.

Where they were initially good, and then as it traffic goes down and gets crappier they put more crap up. And then the site just burns into a firey flamable vomit

Yep same here. Its doing my fucking head in. Ive seen it 5 times and Ive only been online for a couple of minutes.

Around the Network

I get them every other page I load and it's very annoying. this needs to be fixed quickly

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

They need the cash to pay for all the views Gamewise isn't getting.

I'm getting it too. I think it's a bug, rather than something intentional.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yep.

I don't use adblock because I don't hate little adverts scattered here and there over the site. But these full page 20 second ads are getting mighty annoying.

Is this a US thing? or UK Thing? I have never ever seen ads on this site NEVER. It doesnt matter if I use internet explorer firefox opera iron my tablets browser my phones browser etc.