By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many hours do you game a week?

How many hours a week?

1-5 30 18.29%

5-10 42 25.61%

10-15 27 16.46%

15-20 19 11.59%

20+ 42 25.61%

I don't game 4 2.44%

Total:164

used to game alot from 04-10 40+ hrs a week, now im down to 20- 25 maybe it'll go back up when next gen starts

Play Me

Around the Network

Usually 1 or 2 hours during the week days and 4-8 hours during the weekends, so around 5-10 weekly.

Somewhere between 10-15 is probably a good estimate. I'd say on the lower end though.

Very little gaming during the weekdays but I can get in several hours (at least 5 over the weekend unless there are countless assignments). The only reason that number is higher is because I carry my handheld to and from uni though, so that probably adds a few hours to the overall time.

maverick40 said:
Farsala said:
maverick40 said:
Farsala said:
maverick40 said:
As a physicist and having a long term girlfriend, i rarely get time for my various hobbies. I try to get at least an hour a day for gaming

Nice, a physicist. I got 8 more years until then...

Cool, you just starting University now?

In my 2nd year of an Astronomy / physics double major.

Good choice man, I have a Bachelors degree in Astro Physics. A higher diploma is applied physics and I am finishing up my research masters in atomic physics! If you need any advice or anything, give me a shout.

NICE!!!

I'm in my 3rd year of Astrophysics masters degree programme. The degree scheme is a little different here in the UK but I'll also be doing my masters research project next year. It's really an exciting time since I've kept quite a bit of options open with my 2nd/3rd year choices in terms of Astro/Particle/Atmospheric physics for final year.

Don't want to derail this thread too much, but how's your job prospects looking, or perhaps you're thinking of doing PhD (which is my target btw)?

On a weekly average: 21 hours.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
maverick40 said:
Farsala said:
maverick40 said:
Farsala said:
maverick40 said:
As a physicist and having a long term girlfriend, i rarely get time for my various hobbies. I try to get at least an hour a day for gaming

Nice, a physicist. I got 8 more years until then...

Cool, you just starting University now?

In my 2nd year of an Astronomy / physics double major.

Good choice man, I have a Bachelors degree in Astro Physics. A higher diploma is applied physics and I am finishing up my research masters in atomic physics! If you need any advice or anything, give me a shout.

NICE!!!

I'm in my 3rd year of Astrophysics masters degree programme. The degree scheme is a little different here in the UK but I'll also be doing my masters research project next year. It's really an exciting time since I've kept quite a bit of options open with my 2nd/3rd year choices in terms of Astro/Particle/Atmospheric physics for final year.

Don't want to derail this thread too much, but how's your job prospects looking, or perhaps you're thinking of doing PhD (which is my target btw)?

Well I was thinking the games industry but it is in a bad shape right now. I was also talking to a guy who owns a mobile gaming company and he said I was too over qualified for the industry so that is my dream gone  

I wanted to do a phd but I would be another 3-4 years in Uni, I am already 6 years is Uni so my soul can't take another few years in it. i have an interview for Intel coming up soon enough so that would be amazing if i got that.

What masters are you doing?Mine is a masters of research which is two years full time in a lab.

Wow, how people here play little. I would have thought the average would be considerably higher.

It's just as I've claimed many times - lots of gamers spend a lot more time on browsing the internet and just discussing and reading about games rather than actually playing them.

I estimate I play 12-15 hours per week on average long term, but my goal is to play 20 hours minimum to be able to complete enough games to decrease my backlog of unfinished games a little.

My ideal would be nearly 30 hours, which would allow me to put a good amout of hours into competitive online games as well, or become a gaming God like KylieDog and Badgenome, who have achieved dozens and dozens of Platinum trophies and insane amounts of respect, but that's highly unrealistic with job and family.

TakeMeToTheHospital said:
Iwannaplaythegame said:
TakeMeToTheHospital said:
50 hours a week playing COD
10 hours a week on 3DS

Lol that's called a true gamer no social life :) peace 

lol my girlfriend has lived with me for 10+ years. we don't really have to much to talk about these days. 

I'm happy for you because your girlfriend can understand you lol

I usually spent a lot of time on a puzzle game like Dokuro then after I finish it I'll try Unfinished Swan