By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - COD fatigue finally settling in? Black Op2 USA pre-orders significantly behind MW3.

Is COD fatigue finally settling in?  The USA preorders for BO2 Xbox360 is significantly pacing behind MW3.  Looking at the current trajectory, the BO2 xbox360 pre-orders could be about a million less than MW3 xbox360 on release day.    The PS3 BO2 is a little behind MW3.  Is COD finally going the route of Guitar Hero?  Will COD 2013 sell much less? Gamestop says Black Ops 2 is heading toward the biggest launch, so this website data could be undertracked? 

Around the Network

To put it simple:

Halo 4 - Undertracked
Black Ops 2 - Undertracked
Assassin's Creed 3 - Undertracked

I hope so, its success encourages developer laziness by demonstrating that copypasta sells.

Proclus said:
To put it simple:

Halo 4 - Undertracked
Black Ops 2 - Undertracked
Assassin's Creed 3 - Undertracked

Pretty much.

Not likely.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73651/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-pre-orders-setting-records

4th May: "Preorders from day 1 of Black Ops II were more than 10 times the amount of preorders for the first Black Ops on its first day of availability," an Amazon US representative told GameSpot.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/16/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-pre-orders-shatter-gamestops-records/

16 October: GameStop president Tony Bartel revealed the news...“Consumer anticipation for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is tremendous. We are seeing the highest pre-orders in history,” he said. “With its current pace, this Call of Duty is on track to break records and is likely to be our biggest game launch of all time.”

Around the Network

Don't trust VGC on pre-order figures lately.

I would love it if this were to happen then maybe all those "hardcore gamers" will fade away, but VGC numbers have been very sketchy as of late so I wouldn't put to much stock in it...

also...why is this in the Sony section?

I wouldn't go off VGC sale figures or Preorder for accuracy over the last year. They contradict a lot of press releases. Just waait for the companies to tell us. Then either believe them or VGC.

Nah. It's gonna break records again.

4 ≈ One

Not likely. Black Ops is still insanely popular. Adding in a preorder bonus like Nuketown has made preorders insane.