By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Pro Controller battery last 80 hours on one charge, doesn't work with any Wii games

curl-6 said:
80 = awesome.

Won't work on Wii games = Meh, could hardly care less. There's almost no Wii games where the classic controller beats the Wiimote anyway.

Yep. I've only used it on SNES/N64 style VC games.

I wish I had only ever bought one instead of two. Never needed two.... barely needed one.

Around the Network

It would likely take a bit too much soft emulation to get it to work with Wii games, if Wii U is soft-emulating (because then you'd have to pick and choose which titles it works with, since there are no console Wii games that absolutely require the Classic Controller)

Either that, or this is further proof of Wii U hard-emulating.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wondering if that is with Rumble working.

forest-spirit said:
sperrico87 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Sounds great. Especially if the rechargeable battery comes with it. I'm fairly certain it won't last that long with the ruble feature turn on though.

Too bad I won't be able to use it for Super Smash Bros Brawl... Since our useless third party Gamecube controller broke this would have been useful for our four player matches.

*picks up Wii remote/nunchuck combo*

:(

Everything I've seen written about the Pro controller suggests it doesn't have rumble.  It's very lightweight, has long battery life, etc.

Rumble is a last generation feature.

Ha ha ha! I see what you did there.

spurgeonryan said:

GameStop also confirms that the Pro Controller won’t work on Wii games that originally used the Classic Controller saying, “Not compatible with the Wii system or games.”

If the Gamepad can't do it, the same fate befalls on the pro controller, thank you Wii-mode.

It's a repeat of last generation's GC-mode, where the CC couldn't act as a GC controller. Initially, when I bought my Wii, I thought the CC would be compatible with GC software. When I found out that was not the case, I didn't feel like buying an old controller just to play Wind Waker. Guess I'll play it on the Gamepad with WiiU's own Virtual Console.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
sperrico87 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Sounds great. Especially if the rechargeable battery comes with it. I'm fairly certain it won't last that long with the ruble feature turn on though.

Too bad I won't be able to use it for Super Smash Bros Brawl... Since our useless third party Gamecube controller broke this would have been useful for our four player matches.

*picks up Wii remote/nunchuck combo*

:(

Everything I've seen written about the Pro controller suggests it doesn't have rumble.  It's very lightweight, has long battery life, etc.

And you know what else is a "last" gen feature? Analog sticks, triggers, d-pads etc. See where I'm going with this?

While I will probably have four of the Pro controller, I am not expecting anyone to actually use them in my household. I actually hate the way they look.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

prayformojo said:
forest-spirit said:

And you know what else is a "last" gen feature? Analog sticks, triggers, d-pads etc. See where I'm going with this?

He was making fun of Sony's Phil Harrison who claimed rumble was a "last generation feature" when it was learned the SIXAXIS would not have the feature.

"Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature."

Of course they replaced the SIXAXIS with the "Dual Shock 3" which, as the namesake suggests, does inded include such last generation features as rumble.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Guess I'll hold onto my classic controller pro if I want to play a Wii game again (on my Wii)

That's a great battery run time!

But what's up with not being able to use it as a Wii game controller? >_> (Sorry if this was answered already.)