By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver needs a HD release [and a sequel]...

Tagged games:

Legacy of Kain series in HD...

I'm crazy for that!!! Th... 8 53.33%

It would be a good. 6 40.00%

Meh I don't need more gamez. 0 0%

I don't know the series :( 1 6.67%

Total:15

Never actually played them but if they went HD id pick them up for sure.

Around the Network

I thought Definace was a very satisfactory ending to the story. It closed the loop brilliantly. Obviously the Elder Tenticle wasn;t destroyed so there's potential for Kain and him to do battle once more, but I really don't think the series needs to be added to.

I never got to play Blood Omen or Blood Omen II, but I watched all the cutscenes from Blood Omen on youtube so that I got caught up on the beginning of the story.

I got the Kain and Raziel skins for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It was fun playing with their VA rather than Lara.

A real pity the VA for the Elder God died a number of years back. It would be hard to find an actor with his rich deep voice if ever there was another game made for the series.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Original Playstation games cannot get a HD treatment. The tech is to old and would be the equivalent of just remaking the game( which is counter productive to the actual point of HD remakes)

Screw HD remakes just rebirth the series.

binary solo said:
I thought Definace was a very satisfactory ending to the story. It closed the loop brilliantly. Obviously the Elder Tenticle wasn;t destroyed so there's potential for Kain and him to do battle once more, but I really don't think the series needs to be added to.

I never got to play Blood Omen or Blood Omen II, but I watched all the cutscenes from Blood Omen on youtube so that I got caught up on the beginning of the story.

I got the Kain and Raziel skins for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It was fun playing with their VA rather than Lara.

A real pity the VA for the Elder God died a number of years back. It would be hard to find an actor with his rich deep voice if ever there was another game made for the series.

This is probably why Reboot can never be finished.  Though the guy that voiced Apocalypse in X-men (90s cartoon) is a close second.

Hopefully the rumors of a reboot are true. It would be a great game to start the next generation of consoles with.

Around the Network

I second everyone calling for a reboot. They've rebooted Tomb Raider twice now. Soul Reaver totally deserves one too, especially with how tech has moved on since the original games.

Scoobes said:
I second everyone calling for a reboot. They've rebooted Tomb Raider twice now. Soul Reaver totally deserves one too, especially with how tech has moved on since the original games.

Maybe they're too scared to touch the story without Amy.

darkknightkryta said:
Scoobes said:

Maybe they're too scared to touch the story without Amy.

I hope not, there's so much that could be done with the world. Amy did a fantastic job and her work is amazing, but there are other writers that could put their own spin on it and do justice to the originals.

Scoobes said:

There's a big difference between a series like Tomb Raider and Soul Reaver / LoK. Each TR game is a discrete thing. a series reboot in this context is really just refreshing the character. With LoK it's a single story told across a number of games, which gives very little room to move with a reboot. If a reboot picked up with Kain where Defiance left off then there is a high risk that the story (which is what we all really love) may be a lot less than the story we got in the original series (think Star Wars OT vs Star Wars NT). If they do a reboot by making a game that happens some time before Soul Reaver (Sould Reaver --> Defiance doesn't really leave much room for a decent story) then it'll be playing around with rather trivial matters and again the story is likely to be not so compelling. So that really just leaves re-makes of the original games. Other than for the trophies I don't really see much reason to re-make these games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix