By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ***TOP 25 MOVIES OF ALL TIME***

enrageorange said:
cloud1161 said:
I thought "The Avengers" broke the highest grossing film, unless you are adjusting for inflation, but I still think it had a fair lead.

It had the highest grossing first week in America, not highest grossing movie overall.

Here are the figures for highest grossing movies unadjusted for inflation

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Ok that's probably what I was thinking about, thanks.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

Tagged. This list will need some serious thought just like the Wii appreciation thread.

Nice list bro! but lol Return of The King is the best it's number one! and you saying that the previous two are better i have only one thing to say about that................LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll just put 5 on top of my head right now

Shawshank redemption
pulp fiction
kill bill
up
spirited away

my favorite movie would be flight of the navigartor but that's not in the list.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network
drkohler said:

Lol at this shitty list - this basically shows the average age of members here.
Ever heard of

- Vertigo, Psycho,  (and other Hitchcocks)
- Seven Samurai, Rashomon,  (and other Kurosawas)
- Citizen Kane
- Metropolis (and other Langs)
- (even the boring Bergmans)
- La Regle du jeu (and more of the Euopean classics you don't understand because they are not english spoken)

dose al suck ass dey 4 olddd peeps

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
my favorite movie would be flight of the navigartor but that's not in the list.

That is one cool film. Its so good Sarah Jessica Parker doesnt look like a guy in drag. So the special effects were well ahead of its time.

drkohler said:

Lol at this shitty list - this basically shows the average age of members here.
Ever heard of

- Vertigo, Psycho,  (and other Hitchcocks)
- Seven Samurai, Rashomon,  (and other Kurosawas)
- Citizen Kane
- Metropolis (and other Langs)
- (even the boring Bergmans)
- La Regle du jeu (and more of the Euopean classics you don't understand because they are not english spoken)

No offense but Citizen Kane movie is very over hyped and mainly only enjoyed by people that are 60+ years old.  I was forced to watch it in a cinema class when I went to college.   Let me just say that there weren't too many people in the class that liked the movie.  When the story involves the main character marrying some whining bitch and an investigation over a sled then you can't expect too many people under the senior discount age to like the movie.  Now, mention a movie like Willow, A Clockwork Orange, Heat, Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale, etc then I am all for it.

That would take too much time, I'm an impatient American.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Two recent favorites:

Best Brazillian movie ever, in my opinion

Best Argentinian movie ever, imo. That's saying a lot, cause their cinema is superb. Including Ricardo Darin, probably the best actor alive, imo.

Both are nothing less than spetacular. If you want to move away a bit from hollywood, I can't recommend these enough.

My best movie ever, though... hmm... maybe Requiem for a Dream, never felt such a level of emotion from other any other movie.