By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Walking Dead (Season 3) Official Thread - New poll about finale!

Should Carl have killed the kid (Andy?) in the finale?

No, let him give up his weapon 23 53.49%

Yes, he would have hurt them 12 27.91%

No, he should've shot hi... 2 4.65%

No, let Andy take them ho... 5 11.63%

Total:42

Good starting episode for the season.

Around the Network

Was a pretty good first episode for season 3. Hershel was a given due to the comic. I highly doubt they will let him survive. I wonder if they are going to have that psycho prisoner that cuts up the girls in the comics and then tries to cut up Andrea (I believe). If they do then I assume they might kill off the youngest of Hershel's daughter. It has been awhile since I read the comic (I only got a few volumes which ended with Rick announcing they are the walking dead which happened earlier in the show then the comic). I know everything isn't totally related between the comic and the show but there are some obvious correlations. I actually liked that they killed Shane early in the comic because I didn't really give a shit about the tension of him sleeping with his wife.

What I want to know is where the hell is Tyreese from the comic? T Dogg is not as bad ass but I am trying to find a Tyreese. I think it was a mistake for them not to include this character from the comic. Either they need to make T Dogg more of a bad ass or they should kill him off.

As a gamer... those people are stupid.

Why the FUCK didn't they just bang on the fence and make noise. Then slowly and more importantly, safely, kill off each zombie that came to the fence. After a day or so of doing that, you'd have cleared the place of a very high percentage of walkers.

I just don't get the stupidity of putting yourself in harms way for no reason. I don't do it on games and I certainly wouldn't do it in real life. Granted, it would make for a boring show. lol

superchunk said:
As a gamer... those people are stupid.

Why the FUCK didn't they just bang on the fence and make noise. Then slowly and more importantly, safely, kill off each zombie that came to the fence. After a day or so of doing that, you'd have cleared the place of a very high percentage of walkers.

I just don't get the stupidity of putting yourself in harms way for no reason. I don't do it on games and I certainly wouldn't do it in real life. Granted, it would make for a boring show. lol

Yea they should have done more fence kills.  They do that a decent amount in the comic but only showed it a few times in the show for this episode.  They should have started out doing that then worked in.  You probably wouldn't be able to fence kill the zombies in riot gear but they would be the only ones left.  Then they could have just lifted up their heads and killed them like they did eventually.

spurgeonryan said:

Anyone else surprised as hell wen the prisoners showed up>?

I perhaps would have been if I didn't read the comic.  You said you read some of the comic right?  I need to purchase the next volume.  I bought a few of the hard cover editions that had a few of the regular volumes included in each one.  Actually, I just checked I only have the first two hard cover editions.  I need to get the third one.

Around the Network

Just good to see them finally at the prison. They were on the farm for a little in the comics but they seemed to drag it out (especially looking for that little girl that ended up being a zombie in the barn). This season should kick the shit out of the last season. The show has been like a roller coaster sort of. Started out pretty damn good then got a little dull and now it is picking up again.

I was checking out webisode videos (apparently I didn't watch all of them which I am about to) on their site which were a decent little off shoot. They also animated the comic which is kind of cool. They only did the very start right now but supposedly are doing more later.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-motion-comic

What is kind of stupid is how they split up all the webisodes on their site. It would be nice to be able to watch them one after the other (or the next one be suggested to watch). Episode 1 of season 3 is now available on their site. Their site isn't that user friendly.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/episode-301-the-walking-dead

Agreed, I'm gonna go ahead and steal that when I converse about the show with other people :)

The webisodes are side stories from the show. I never even knew about them till last night. I don't think they ever showed them on AMC channel.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video#type=all&filter=rb-video-browser-num_items%3D10%26module_id_base%3Drb-video-browser%26module_id%3Dcfct-module-960de4039e66ab63dd1668e94509dd44%26rb-video-browser-episode%3D%257B%2522sh%2522%253A%2522275%2522%252C%2522se%2522%253A%252220%2522%257D%26rb-video-browser-content_type%3D3608&page=1&post_id=32666

sethnintendo said:

Was a pretty good first episode for season 3. Hershel was a given due to the comic. I highly doubt they will let him survive. I wonder if they are going to have that psycho prisoner that cuts up the girls in the comics and then tries to cut up Andrea (I believe). If they do then I assume they might kill off the youngest of Hershel's daughter. It has been awhile since I read the comic (I only got a few volumes which ended with Rick announcing they are the walking dead which happened earlier in the show then the comic). I know everything isn't totally related between the comic and the show but there are some obvious correlations. I actually liked that they killed Shane early in the comic because I didn't really give a shit about the tension of him sleeping with his wife.

What I want to know is where the hell is Tyreese from the comic? T Dogg is not as bad ass but I am trying to find a Tyreese. I think it was a mistake for them not to include this character from the comic. Either they need to make T Dogg more of a bad ass or they should kill him off.

If you are going to talk about the comics at least say spoiler alert.  Thanks for ruining things for me.  Anyways that would be to brutal to have someone die that way on the show so I call doubtful for her.  Maybe trying but I dont see it happening.