By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - K/D Ratio Ruins multiplayer games

this is true, when my brother and i play call of duty its about 90% of the times its just me and him who play at to defuse/plant the bomb, the rest are just A-holes who care about their k/d ratio. the thing that i dont understand is why do these guys play demolition instead of kill a normal death match. though it mostly depends on the game, for example killzone is a more objective oriented online experience so you see much less campers and the fights are mostly around the objective. CoD and most military shooters though aren't so you will see a lot of campers

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
this is true, when my brother and i play call of duty its about 90% of the times its just me and him who play at to defuse/plant the bomb, the rest are just A-holes who care about their k/d ratio. the thing that i dont understand is why do these guys play demolition instead of kill a normal death match. though it mostly depends on the game, for example killzone is a more objective oriented online experience so you see much less campers and the fights are mostly around the objective. CoD and most military shooters though aren't so you will see a lot of campers

I actually really liked Killzone 2 a lot up until everybody used the engineer class and bots placed everywhere.  But yea, play TDM if all your going to do is camp lol Not that difficult

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

I actually really liked Killzone 2 a lot up until everybody used the engineer class and bots placed everywhere.  But yea, play TDM if all your going to do is camp lol Not that difficult

but still the bots were placed stratigically, even if your team sucked they still tried to do the objective,  i hope they make the next killzone more like 2 than 3. plus in kz2 you couldnt even know your KD ratio inside games it was based on points and that really helped

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

KZ2 one of the best mp games Ive played

I'll just say this....camping is pretty big not only on COD...but even in the much loved BF3

This is why I love UC3 MP..in most of the maps camping is near impossible.

As for K/D yes I agree. In modes other than Deathmatch modes..people lose sight of what's really important. This becomes a real pain in the ass in Team Objective modes. Bunch of friends in your team is the best way to play these modes nowadays

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Turkish said:
1.41 K/D ratio in BF3

Are there even campers in BF3? Never seen one, you cant camp in that game.

oh yes..yes you can. And I see it a LOT..and I just got the game too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

KZ2 one of the best mp games Ive played

Definitely one of the better multiplayer experiences.  I loved the cycled game modes.

M.U.G.E.N said:
I'll just say this....camping is pretty big not only on COD...but even in the much loved BF3

As for K/D yes I agree. In modes other than Deathmatch modes..people lose sight of what's really important. This becomes a real pain in the ass in Team Objective modes. Bunch of friends in your team is the best way to play these modes nowadays

I don't know how much camping there is in Conquest mode in BF3 as I only play Rush, but I love how Rush maps are designed so that there's always a front line where it feels only natural for the defenders to camp.

BF3 is so freaking good. I can't stop talking about that game!

Gonna go play it right now.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

but still the bots were placed stratigically, even if your team sucked they still tried to do the objective,  i hope they make the next killzone more like 2 than 3. plus in kz2 you couldnt even know your KD ratio inside games it was based on points and that really helped

Yeah it was really good.  Hopefully KZ4 can step it up because KZ2 shows a lot of potential and it is one of the better balanced multiplayer games this gen.

Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I don't know how much camping there is in Conquest mode in BF3 as I only play Rush, but I love how Rush maps are designed so that there's always a front line where it feels only natural for the defenders to camp.

BF3 is so freaking good. I can't stop talking about that game!

Gonna go play it right now.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.  This actually feels like a real battlezone haha  The only thing I'd change about Battlefield is I wish they would make it to where you wouldnt have to shoot people so much.