By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - K/D Ratio Ruins multiplayer games

I thought you were going to say bad at other games judging from the title, in which case I would agree. Everyone knows CoD players don't play other games :P

Around the Network

I'm focused too on my K/D stat in BF3 and yet I have only achieved a 0.9 K/D ratio. First and foremost I'm a team player though.

Today when I tried some new maps it was very confusing and I got perhaps 25 kills but died at least 80 times.

I'm really in need of better squad mates.

I think I would make you a CoD Monkey if you played you, you inadequate gamer you.

A lot of people just do not play a lot or care to help a random team it seems like you are shooting for high expectations of Millions of random individuals.

chocoloco said:

I think I would make you a CoD Monkey if you played you, you inadequate gamer you.

A lot of people just do not play a lot or care to help a random team it seems like you are shooting for high expectations of Millions of random individuals.

lol I don't know about that, me and my friend has yet to lose in doubles on that game haha Last time we played we went combined 61/4 haha I got the gunner while he got a MOAB lol  I swear, so many monkeys out there :P lol  

In all seriousness I don't mind if people are bad.  The only thing that aggravates me is this mind set that people have that K/D makes you a great player.  So then they just camp instead of playing the game

I had completely different expectations of this thread. *leaves*

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
chocoloco said:

lol I don't know about that, me and my friend has yet to lose in doubles on that game haha Last time we played we went combined 61/4 haha I got the gunner while he got a MOAB lol  I swear, so many monkeys out there :P lol  

In all seriousness I don't mind if people are bad.  The only thing that aggravates me is this mind set that people have that K/D makes you a great player.  So then they just camp instead of playing the game

Blaming Call of Duty's setup of rewarding players with perks like the useless nuke and and emblem rewards like the nuke one does help explain some of the reasons players do go into team based goal games and only shoot for a high K/D. One of my most played with Cod friends was like that and I would give him trouble for it, but he loved it and he just loved the goal of trying to stay alive as long as possible more than anything.

Though this is not exactly a new thing. Many shooters have had nothing, but sniper players for a long time. That do not focus on the main goal and just camp and kill. Truthfully if everyone played like you and your friend you would probably have to modify your style and it also might get boring more quickly without many different tactics. Truthfully, the only solution to avoiding these types of players the most is to join clans because otherwise there is no universal goal for randomly made multiplayer teamse unless the on goal is kill only games like team deathmatch or free for all styles. And even then, some are just there to chat and goof around.

JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
So you call campers "Call of Duty players"? That's ridiculous.
That's like calling all gamers fat slobs. It's a stereotype.

You're able to camp in ANY game. So why not call them Medal of Honor Warfighter noobs?

Because I have never noticed people so concerned with k/d until call of duty and killstreaks.  That was when I started noticing people camping corners instead of playing objectives.  Some games like Uncharted even take the K/D stat out now because people acts like it's the only thing that matters.  It takes the fun out of it competively

Really? Camping didn't evolve with CoD, its been in every shooter game even before Call of Duty. Counterstike is one example. Battlefield is another example of a game that had camping before Call of Duty even released an game that supported online. The only reason why people assume camping came from CoD is online multiplayer was only a PC thing before Xbox Live proved that consoles could do the same. Call of Duty 4 was the first popular online console shooter.

TheBardsSong said:

I thought you were going to say bad at other games judging from the title, in which case I would agree. Everyone knows CoD players don't play other games :P

I have played Call of Duty, and I am good at it. I have both a high KD and a high Win-loss ratio. One of the few who actually have a over 2.0 w-l. Besides that, I play tons of different games. FPS, TPS, Sports, and RTS :D

iFlow said:
JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
So you call campers "Call of Duty players"? That's ridiculous.
That's like calling all gamers fat slobs. It's a stereotype.

You're able to camp in ANY game. So why not call them Medal of Honor Warfighter noobs?

Because I have never noticed people so concerned with k/d until call of duty and killstreaks.  That was when I started noticing people camping corners instead of playing objectives.  Some games like Uncharted even take the K/D stat out now because people acts like it's the only thing that matters.  It takes the fun out of it competively

Really? Camping didn't evolve with CoD, its been in every shooter game even before Call of Duty. Counterstike is one example. Battlefield is another example of a game that had camping before Call of Duty even released an game that supported online. The only reason why people assume camping came from CoD is online multiplayer was only a PC thing before Xbox Live proved that consoles could do the same. Call of Duty 4 was the first popular online console shooter.

Counterstrike is a camp fest but at the same time the better player will win.  If you suck and camp you will still die.  And Call of Duty 4 was not the first popular online shooter.  Halo was.  Gears of War also came out before call of Duty 4.  

chocoloco said:
JayWood2010 said:
chocoloco said:

Blaming Call of Duty's setup of rewarding players with perks like the useless nuke and and emblem rewards like the nuke one does help explain some of the reasons players do go into team based goal games and only shoot for a high K/D. One of my most played with Cod friends was like that and I would give him trouble for it, but he loved it and he just loved the goal of trying to stay alive as long as possible more than anything.

Though this is not exactly a new thing. Many shooters have had nothing, but sniper players for a long time. That do not focus on the main goal and just camp and kill. Truthfully if everyone played like you and your friend you would probably have to modify your style and it also might get boring more quickly without many different tactics. Truthfully, the only solution to avoiding these types of players the most is to join clans because otherwise there is no universal goal for randomly made multiplayer teamse unless the on goal is kill only games like team deathmatch or free for all styles. And even then, some are just there to chat and goof around.

I agree with everything you just said XD haha  I remember on MW2 getting 3 nukes in a row.  That game was wway to easy.  I'm fine with killstreaks but I also hate how powerful they are and how easy they are to get