By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

I don't want kids, but if I found out I was going to have a Fabulous one then I might reconsider.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

There are reasons i might consider a abortion of a child, being gay is not one of them

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yes I'd want a normal son who'd have a normal life like any parent would want.

superchunk said:

I'm specifically questioning the religious views of sin and punishment .. or better yet the capability to permanently prevent your child of sinning.

From what I understand the most effective way of permanently preventing your child from sinning is to kill it before it has been given the chance to do so (well, as you pointed out). And that method can be applied to all future children so that no one ever will commit sins ever again.

Why not stop every potential future sin when we have the possibility to do so? Why stop at homosexuality?

OT: Well, this thread was a depressive read.

No, I would never kill anything because of its sexual preferences.

I'm against abortion, so a BIG NO. Even if I am morally against homosexuality, a person is a PERSON.

ffs, what kind of animal would think like that?

Around the Network

What the heck kind of sick and twisted thread is this?
Seriously, is this a joke thread?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Even if my child were a future pedophile (if you want to analyze sin), I would not have an abortion. Every human has a right to make their choices regardless of their genetic makeup.

Even if you considered homosexuality to be a sin (which most here don't), it would be insane to abort a child due to the potential for sin in genetic makeup.

Furthermore, if you actually profess faith, in most professions (not all) the sin is inherent to human nature. As such, it is in EVERYONE's DNA.

This is a hypothetical question,  because there's no way of knowing in advance.

I don't care much for the human excistance in general but NO, I would not.

Otacon said:
Yes I'd want a normal son who'd have a normal life like any parent would want.

Just normal? Not extraordinary? Not fantastic? Boring, snoring normal?