By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2012 NPD Thread - 360: 270k; PS3+Wii: 281k

Gimme dem numberz!

Around the Network

Have to leave for a couple of hours so I'll update the OP then.

Slimebeast said:
I expect solid and accurate tracking by VGC as usual.

I hope that Borderlands 2 wasn't overtracked by VGC and I hope that Darksiders II by some miracle made it into NPD's top 10 list for a 2nd straight month.

I'm veeeery sure that Borderlands 2 isn't overtracked

Nothing yet?

Good for the 3DS but it seems it has yet to completely fill the hole left by the DS.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
I expect solid and accurate tracking by VGC as usual.

I hope that Borderlands 2 wasn't overtracked by VGC and I hope that Darksiders II by some miracle made it into NPD's top 10 list for a 2nd straight month.

I'm veeeery sure that Borderlands 2 isn't overtracked

NSMB is massively overtracked, so who knows.

Yeah I wrote that post before any numbers came in, but clicked on the reply button a few minutes after it.

I was looking at the numbers of TrueAchievements gamers and it's a huge hit there, so I still expect the Borderlands numbers to be about right.

kowenicki said:
Bloody hell the numbers start to arrive and nobody cares? Lol

lol, but you yourself have said multiple times that you don't care much about numbers anymore. And I agree with you! The console war is over and sales aren't very interesting at this point in a generation. We need a new gen.

Sad thing is that we'll have to suffer another year of these slow threads before the fun starts.

kowenicki said:

@majornelson: #NPD Numbers: Xbox 360 sold 270k units in Sept, more & held 49 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S.

Finally some numbers... now we need the Wii or PS3 numbers (this case is almost impossible).

kowenicki said:
@michaelpachter: Nintendo press release says 3DS software up 89% in Sept, with no mention that combined 3DS/DS software was down 18%. That's NOT a good trend

Why is combined even relevant

kowenicki said:

@majornelson: #NPD Numbers: Xbox 360 sold 270k units in Sept, more & held 49 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S.

within about 10% and the PS3/Wii numbers seem to be spot on, though their distribution could be slightly different.