By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter Says He Isn’t A Fan Of (Cough! Bipolar) Wii U, And Thinks Third-Party Support Will Be Dire

He could be right about the 3rd party support. I mean lets face it.... it's nintendo, 3rd party have always been slow on their consoles. Maybe he knows something we don't and he is just trying to be cryptic.

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
Gamerace said:

Unique experiences are what I love about my Wii.   I'm not convinced WiiU will be unique though.  With Vita, Smart glass and dual analog Android systems coming out, if WiiU proves sufficiently popular it's games could be (potentially) ported across all systems, even dual screen Android would be within the realm of possibility (iOS too), minus the Nintendo exclusives of course.   Plus we don't know what MS/Sony are doing yet.  Their next systems might be more novel than WiiU.

I'd love to be excited enough to get a WiiU myself but so far, nothing on it has inspired me.

Thing is: Nintendo is doing it now, while others will adapt and catch up much later.

Just take a look at move and kinect. Too little too late. There is about 1 or 2 games worth playing for those devices, that actually work ok without waggle. 

In regards to motion controls - I totally agree with this.

In regards to touch screen - most people own one now.  As for a dual touch screen - been done, twice, DS & 3DS and possibly PS3/Vita.  Heck even GC/GB to an extent.  It's not new.  Also, since Vita, SmartScreen exist now, they can catch up almost instantly if Nintendo has found gold.  Android/iOS devices could also potentially work as a dual screen controller (yes with dual analog and buttons - there will be multiple such Android devices out this year).   Plus MS/Sony next gen systems aren't out yet, so they could add a touch controller screen in, fairly easily, if warranted. So I have to disagree, in fact, if Nintendo has found gold, they'll have so much competition so fierce and fast they won't recover.