By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you dislike the most about F2P games?

Most Hated Aspect of F2P Gaming

It feels like "Pay to win" 21 38.18%

Feeling Nickel and Dimed 5 9.09%

don't want to pay for ti... 16 29.09%

Lower quality than paid games 11 20.00%

Lacking a sense of accomp... 2 3.64%

Total:55

I've been thinking about the F2P business model a lot recently and i've been trying to pinpoint what it is about the model that many gamers don't particularly like.

Discuss!

Around the Network

I hate the fact that FF XIV isn't one of them! ^_^
F2P rules!

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

All of the aspects you've mentioned in the poll seem to be fucking off from the model, aside from that last one, so I'll pick that.

Lower quality. It always feels like they skimped out on areas to save on costs. And when the game finally gets closed. You can't play it still. I want a company to issue a mutiplayer patch. When they pull the plug.

I hate when other players are overpowered because they buy the most expensive items you can't get normally in the game. Although this is something F2P have been eliminating recently. Other than that I really don't mind F2P games, some of them like team fortress 2 are extremely awesome. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

The "free to play, pay to win" model is an unsavory one, but honestly I'm not a big fan of free-to-play games simply because they aren't nearly as good as the expensive ones. With a few exceptions.

The time you have to invest in a game... I think everybody has beaten me at Pocket Planes for iOS in the iOS thread... :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Well the only F2P games I usually play are the ones found on The Pirate Bay and similar sites, so there's really nothing that I dislike about them

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I've almost exclusively played a F2P game for the past few months, and that is League of Legends. I see nothing wrong with the model, and I very much wish others would take it up as well (Especially for Final Fantasy XIV. I would love to play that game, but I'm not going to pay the subscription cost.).

mod edit by axumblade

I already bought all of the shoes he was offering. Nothing to see here..