By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Australian PM Julia Gillard owns sexist Opposition Leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfo3SGIiSE0

Ouch, burned. 

For a bit of background the "died of shame" comment was from a radio jockey who a few weeks ago said on air that the PM' s recently deceased father must have died of shame. The Opposition Leader referenced this by saying her government was "dying of shame."

Around the Network

Can you give a background on what this guy has done?

EDIT: Having  a bit of a hard time understanding with how wordy she's being (along with the accent), but I see this man has said some questionable things in the past. While I disagree with some, it seems like he has shown to be fairly derrogatory towards women.

EDIT 2: Wow she's being rather attacking and emotional. Is this normal for these kinds of talks?

EDIT 3: I find it amazing that the crowd can't shut the fuck up and let her speak without their clamoring. They keep calling for order, and yet the crowd keeps speaking up every minute. I've seen this many times. These supposedly intelligent people can't learn how to keep their mouths shut? They would get scolded by a first grade teacher for all their incessant babbling.

wfz said:

EDIT: Having  a bit of a hard time understanding with how wordy she's being (along with the accent), but I see this man has said some questionable things in the past. While I disagree with some, it seems like he has shown to be fairly derrogatory towards women.

EDIT 2: Wow she's being rather attacking and emotional. Is this normal for these kinds of talks?

EDIT 3: I find it amazing that the crowd can't shut the fuck up and let her speak without their clamoring. They keep calling for order, and yet the crowd keeps speaking up every minute. I've seen this many times. These supposedly intelligent people can't learn how to keep their mouths shut? They would get scolded by a first grade teacher for all their incessant babbling.

Basically, he's said sexist things on record in his time as a minister, and brought up the reference to her father "dying of shame," as a radio jockey nastily put it after her father passed away last month.

On EDIT 2 +3: Yep, that's Australian politics in a nutshell, lots of shouting at each other, haha.

wfz said:

Something i always wished Congress did. Part of the reason i never really flared up about that "You Lie!" congressman like many other liberals did. I'd much rather see floor meetings at Congress devolve into shouting matches or, like they occasionally do in South Korea, riots.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
wfz said:

Something i always wished Congress did. Part of the reason i never really flared up about that "You Lie!" congressman like many other liberals did. I'd much rather see floor meetings at Congress devolve into shouting matches or, like they occasionally do in South Korea, riots.

Well, I'd rather they devolve into this:

Around the Network

From my understanding: The official speaker (I.e the man meant to be where the woman in the middle constantly shooting "Order!" is sat) was suspended for sending sexist texts and the opposition leader kept asking for him to get fired.
This is her saying, hang on..."hypocrite alert."

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Mr Khan said:

Japan has the best parliamentary riots. Probably because they occasionally elect professional wrestlers to the Diet.

Good for her

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Ajescent said:
From my understanding: The official speaker (I.e the man meant to be where the woman in the middle constantly shooting "Order!" is sat) was suspended for sending sexist texts and the opposition leader kept asking for him to get fired.
This is her saying, hang on..."hypocrite alert."

To add to this, the official speaker was actually once a member of the opposition leader's party. We're currently in a hung parliament, with several independents having the power to tip decisions one way or another. The two major parties have been rather relentless in their struggle, one supposed case even having a member missing the birth of their child in order to keep the numbers up on voting against a bill.

The speaker's chair effectively lose their parliamentary vote on issues, so when an opposition party member was instated, it gave the ruling party an extra vote in a tight parliament. There was that much uproar across the bench that the newly instated speaker had to expel two members of his own party: the opposition leader and our local member, who is the loudest mouth in the entire parliament.