By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'That isn't Kevin Butler', Bridgestone claims

I doubt many people know about this lawsuit. Probablly only harming their image with people who didn't like them already.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
I doubt many people know about this lawsuit. Probablly only harming their image with people who didn't like them already.

I still think Sony fans should be against this, at least the way you are.

First, like you said, going to court was an exaggeration. Second, Jerry was the guy that brought to life a very popular character for them, it was not just the marketing team, he brought the character to life, it's his way of acting. Suing him is a very severe punishment.

The only thing similar I can think of is if Nintendo sues Charles Martinet for doing a somewhat similar (only if you stretch a lot and then some more) voice of mario in a McDonalds ad promoting Vita's Invizimals Happy meal. I would be pissed at Nintendo, because Charles is a freaking decent and sweet man that simply shaped the voice of Mario! Say something, joke about it, notify charles, notify McDonalds... whatever. Don't sue his ass for small cash.

I agree. And after it's settled (Which I say this got settled when they removed him from the commercial) show gratitude towards them. Thank them for their understanding.

This action Sony is taking is only burning bridges. Bridgestone is throwing this promotion with the Wii... what if later on they think "hey, lets do another promotion like that... what should we use? the Ps3, Ps4, Vita? Naw remember Sony sued our asses" Or what if the marketing team says "Hey guys we got this great idea to market the Ps4's launch which will be a smash hit... we just need to get Kevin Butler back" Adam Lambert will just scoff at them and give them the bird.

Hey guys we got this great idea to market the Ps4's launch which will be a smash hit... we just need to get Kevin Butler back" Adam Lambert will just scoff at them and give them the bird.

Like this?

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/151958/Bridgestone-commercial-Kevin-Butler-becomes-VP-of-Betrayal/

Heres the link. cant get it to embed

Thanks. 

I see he wasn't even actually playing.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

A question I what to ask some people here: How would you describe Kevin Butler?

After that, I want you to compare the "Bridgestone engineer" to Kevin Butler and see how many similarities the two have in common. How many can you find besides his face?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

HAHAHA totally meant jerry...

that Adam Lambert picture is creepy as hell.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
A question I what to ask some people here: How would you describe Kevin Butler?

After that, I want you to compare the "Bridgestone engineer" to Kevin Butler and see how many similarities the two have in common. How many can you find besides his face?

They both like video games, and KB is VP of everything. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

In fact, Kevin Butler's first ad was contraversial. Sony simply edited the commercial and went on their way. They should expect the same from bridgestone...

On the contrary! Jerry Lambert is a known actor. He isn't top-top, but he's hollywood nonetheless. Sony going after this guy is a risk of a move for their image. Seriously Sony should slow the fuck down with their lawsuits, it's going batshit.