By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - who is going to win this holiday? the Wii or the Vita?

who will win?

Wii 189 70.00%

Vita 81 30.00%

Total:270
d21lewis said:
I'm a Vita owner and I have to say that it's an awesome system. It doesn't make a lot of mistakes. It may actually be perfect. I'm willing to bet that my collection of Vita software (especially if you include PSP titles) is amongst the highest of anybody on this site. The Vita actually deserves to do well this holiday season.

Unfortunately, the Vita still doesn't have any sort of buzz. It's still expensive. It will have some must-play software in the form of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty but I (regrettably) feel that it will not do much to increase the Vita's station. I always hate to see a company give consumers a good product and to see that product be ignored but that's what I suspect will happen with the Vita this Christmas.

Meanwhile (as I stated in the other thread), the Wii is going to be priced lower than dirt. It will be low enough to qualify as an impulse buy. Hell, I may get another Wii just to use as a Netflix box in one of my other bedrooms.

The Wii is going to win out over the Vita. If it's lucky, the only consoles the Vita will beat will be the PSP and the original DS and even then, I'm not sure. A bold statement? Possibly. We'll try to bump THIS thread in January since the other thread got locked.

really?

OT - vita is going to get slaughtered.  wii, ds will both outsell it.  hell, several brands of those cheap black friday video poker devices will outsell it.

Around the Network

The dying Wii will win. There will be Black Friday price cuts, but none for the [artist formerly known as dying] Vita.

kitler53 said:
d21lewis said:
I'm a Vita owner and I have to say that it's an awesome system. It doesn't make a lot of mistakes. It may actually be perfect. I'm willing to bet that my collection of Vita software (especially if you include PSP titles) is amongst the highest of anybody on this site. The Vita actually deserves to do well this holiday season.

Unfortunately, the Vita still doesn't have any sort of buzz. It's still expensive. It will have some must-play software in the form of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty but I (regrettably) feel that it will not do much to increase the Vita's station. I always hate to see a company give consumers a good product and to see that product be ignored but that's what I suspect will happen with the Vita this Christmas.

Meanwhile (as I stated in the other thread), the Wii is going to be priced lower than dirt. It will be low enough to qualify as an impulse buy. Hell, I may get another Wii just to use as a Netflix box in one of my other bedrooms.

The Wii is going to win out over the Vita. If it's lucky, the only consoles the Vita will beat will be the PSP and the original DS and even then, I'm not sure. A bold statement? Possibly. We'll try to bump THIS thread in January since the other thread got locked.

really?

OT - vita is going to get slaughtered.  wii, ds will both outsell it.  hell, several brands of those cheap black friday video poker devices will outsell it.

You're forgetting the hidden costs associated with dirt.

well i'd like to think the vita will have a decent holiday and kick on but it will probably end up pretty even between the two,the WiiU should have all the buzz

Above & Beyond

Wii will be on sale as a limited discount or permanent drop to $99 by that time frame WITH a packed-in game. Last holiday Wal-mart had a $99 Wii in blue without a game. This year if Nintendo doesn't do a permanent drop, expect to see a similar sale around Black Friday, but with a game packed-in like Wii Sports Resort or maybe continue with NSMB or MKWii.

Sony won't discount Vita's price and the games bundled are not unique enough to grab the attention of most gamers.

Wii > Vita this holiday.

Around the Network

Much better title. Still just as bad of a situation for the Vita.

Wii is going to suck but I'm not sure the Vita can do better.

LOL Wii vs Vita hahaha. The Wii-U sales will top PS3 and Vita combined.

I keep thinking Sony was saving it's budget for advertising, for the holidays. Yet, we're pretty much there and there isn't anything been done to advertise the Vita, the PS3 or any PlayStation division at all (at least in North America, or specifically the USA).

It doesn't make any sense. Sony is full of morons who just don't get it. It can not be that hard to create a 30 second commercial, an ad campaign for gaming websites, getting billboards to advertise for at least a month, to get magazines (digital and print) to have full page ads. It costs money, of course.

But what company can't get the money to promote the damn products that would sell their products.

The Vita, easily.
The Wii doesn't have any hardware-pushing games for the holidays, and will fade away once the Wii U is out, as people will see it as having no future.
The Vita, on the other hand, has games like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, and is a relatively new system.

bumping this up for more predictions

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(