By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - who is going to win this holiday? the Wii or the Vita?

who will win?

Wii 189 70.00%

Vita 81 30.00%

Total:270

99$ Wii would be cray. It would win for sure.

If not, Vita, hopefully.

Around the Network

Bad news for vita:

Nintendo dropping Wii price, includes disc with Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort

October 15th, 2012 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii | No Comments »

Nintendo will be dropping the price of the Wii later this month. Ahead of the Wii U’s launch and the holiday shopping season, the old console will be available for $129.99 starting on October 28.

Wii’s last price drop came last year. It’s been on sale for $149.99 since May 2011.

Also on October 28, Nintendo will be including a new disc in the Wii package that bundles Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort together – that’s two games on one disc.

For further details, check out the announcement after the break.

Read the rest of this entry »

VicViper said:

Bad news for vita:

Nintendo will be dropping the price of the Wii later this month. Ahead of the Wii U’s launch and the holiday shopping season, the old console will be available for $129.99 starting on October 28.

Wii’s last price drop came last year. It’s been on sale for $149.99 since May 2011.

Also on October 28, Nintendo will be including a new disc in the Wii package that bundles Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort together – that’s two games on one disc.

I was about to post this. I think it'll be easy win for Wii over the Vita.

But still, not the 99 dollars price tag.

129 to 149 is not that big a difference.

VicViper said:
But still, not the 99 dollars price tag.

129 to 149 is not that big a difference.

Its enough to allow retailer to slash it even cheaper, and with the two games together, i can see lots of impulse buying and some people 'settling' for a WIi when they can't get a WiiU.

Around the Network

Sexy box:

Wii although i'll be rooting for the Vita

VicViper said:

Bad news for vita:

cool! didn't see my thread updated with the new price

thanks Vic

I'm leaning more and more towards the Wii winning! can't wait to see how it plays out!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

seems like Wii is picking up steam and Black Friday is not far away. what day is it btw?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

To that guy saying WII u will outsell PS3 and vita combine.. what in the world makes you think that?

mM