By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Remnant uses no FMV and has a better story/script than FFXIII

Tagged games:

Darc Requiem said:
outlawauron said:
The 360 version of the game was complete mess and honestly not worth playing. I don't really think the inclusion of a world map or cities you can revisit are a automatically good thing. It's so arbitrary, I hate how it's seen as good by just being there.

Never thought anyone would even try to have this argument.

I'll have to agree to disagree. Especially considering what it's being compared. FFXIII isn't exactly good. FFXIII is technically sound, but a well made piece of crap is still a piece of crap. TLR had a lot of solid design ideas that were marred by the technical issues of it's 360 game. The PC version eliminated the vast majority of those issues and I'd take it over FFXII any day of the week. Anyone with my Steam ID can attest to the hundreds of hours I put into the PC version of TLR.

Yes, I know the PC version of the game took it from a unplayable to a playable mess. This is a topic where people are going to be pretty set in their views. We're just on the opposite ends.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I've had it on the pc for ages but never gotten around to playing it mainly because I don't like pc gaming at all. Was the same story with ff11 and ff14 I brought them but never got around to playing them lol

Jdevil3 said:
Galvanizer said:

It also has:

1. A world map
  2. More locations and they can all be revisited.
  3. More cities and they can all be revisited.
  4. More NPCs that have names, back stories and unique dialogue.
  5. Over 1,000 side-quests.
  6. Over 2,000 items.
  7. Over 100 unique party members.

It's a shame it never came to the PS3. It's a much better game than both FFXIII and FFXIII-2 combined, IMO.

It also has better gameplay/combat system than FFXIII and a better soundtrack in my opinion... and I like the characters in The Last Remnant better than FFXIII's. I have no idea what the Xbox 360 version is like but I heard it's way easier, you can get overpowered if you know how to, it has less content and some technical problems... I think you can also have only 1 leader per union or something like that so you have to recruit people to join you.

How is using no FMV's something good? I think they're a plus :P

It's a plus as TLR was made by 120 people while FFXIII was made by 300, 100 of which were devoted to FMV. Therefore, we can see that even with a small team, TLR has more content and scale than FFXIII.

I wouldn't call a team of 120, a small team. Although I see the point you are trying to make.