By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Internet wants Obama and Romney to have a pokemon battle.... what pokemon would they use?

and they totally should.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49301792

So my question is, (Without trashing too much please) what kind of Pokemon teams do you think each guy would have?

My thoughts on the matter will be coming a bit later as i have a bit too much time at work tonight.

Around the Network

Obama: 

- Wobbuffet

Romney:

- Wobbuffet

Edit: I just came up with a way better one, but I'm afraid it contains too much trashing xD

Obama:

Mr. Mime

Romney:

Ditto

Ok full on out Pokemon teams. 

Ready for some incredibly way over thought analysis?

This post will be what I think what Obama's team would be... (Romney coming later likely.)

Team Obama

There aren't any Donkey based Pokemon... so the easiest idea is out... that said who is Obama's first pokemon in my mind?

Why Onix?

Second?  Well Obama's all about the Solar energy right?  So why not....

I mean he's the original Solar Powered Pokemon.  Look at him, he's like a walking Solar Panel.  Plus it answers which Starter pokemon Obama would go with.

Third on the team?

Little known fact?   Barack Obama used to box... at least i'm pretty sure I read that in his biography.  Having trouble finding info on it now...

4th

Having two plant Pokemon on the same team is dicey... but I meant come on.  Bellosom for the Hawaiian born president is a must have.  No doubt he'd of had plenty of time to catch one.

5th

So Obama has a bit of a Fire/Bug weakness now which is one reason why i think he'd be packing one of these.

Being born in Hawaii and living in seattle for part of his early life, it'd only make sense to have a water pokemon, and a Pelipper evolved from a Wingull seems to make too much sense and has a lot of team synergy.

6th

Obama's most well known passion is Basektball.  Stoutland is a favorite among Basketball Pokemon Trainers, and Obama has a dog.

Pokemon left in the box....

Also basektball related, in that he seemed the most likely to join Obama in 2 V 2 Pokemon and human basketball matches.  Left out because he's a fighting type.

"Obamacare" of course.   Left out because, i never really found Chansey or Blissey that useful, maybe I just suck at pokemon.

Obama would use a shiny Charizard.
Romney would use a team of ghost Pokemon really creepy... Cult looking Pokemon.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

Now....

Team Romney

Pokemon Number 1

So easy it's criminal.

The evolved form of the Elphant Pokemon.  The Republicans probably give away Phanphy's to anyone who registers to the Republican party.

The "Mitt Romney is rich" pokemon.  I still remember calculating how much money it would take to buy enough credits to afford a Porygon from the gambling hall if i didn't want to gamble... and that's just what Mitt would have to do in that situation since mormons can't gamble.  (I'd imagine anyawy.)

His own heritage Pokemon.   His father was a Detroit Auto Executive... this Steel type seemed best suited to represent that.

Romney has been a big supporter of coal recenetly, mentioning it in the first presidential debate.  So what better pokemon to have then the coal eating pokemon?

Romney loves to Ski... this is the most popular pokemon of skier pokemon trainers, and i can see a few of these hanging out in the snowy mountains.

He's also a big fan of boating/watersking/surfing etc.   This seemed like a fast enough pokemon that it could handle most of those things.

Pokemon left in the box.

The other... "Mitt Romney is rich" pokemon... based off Meowth.

Mitt Romney has had to change a lot for his various political positions and responsibilities.  Not everybody could go from being a govonor in one of the most solidly democratic states in the country. (The most i believe actually.) to being the Republican Candidate for president.

This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Which part? 

Though yeah, my work was reaaaaally slow.... so I figured what the heck.

I wonder which pokemon team would win.

Kasz216 said:

Now....

Team Romney

Pokemon Number 1

So easy it's criminal.

The evolved form of the Elphant Pokemon.  The Republicans probably give away Phanphy's to anyone who registers to the Republican party.

The "Mitt Romney is rich" pokemon.  I still remember calculating how much money it would take to buy enough credits to afford a Porygon from the gambling hall if i didn't want to gamble... and that's just what Mitt would have to do in that situation since mormons can't gamble.  (I'd imagine anyawy.)

His own heritage Pokemon.   His father was a Detroit Auto Executive... this Steel type seemed best suited to represent that.

Romney has been a big supporter of coal recenetly, mentioning it in the first presidential debate.  So what better pokemon to have then the coal eating pokemon?

Romney loves to Ski... this is the most popular pokemon of skier pokemon trainers, and i can see a few of these hanging out in the snowy mountains.

He's also a big fan of boating/watersking/surfing etc.   This seemed like a fast enough pokemon that it could handle most of those things.

Pokemon left in the box.

Mitt Romney has had to change a lot for his various political positions and responsibilities.  Not everybody could go from being a govonor in one of the most solidly democratic states in the country. (The most i believe actually.) to being the Republican Candidate for president.

But what would Romney's started pokémon be?

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Kasz216 said:

Now....

Team Romney

Pokemon Number 1

So easy it's criminal.

Pokemon left in the box.

WOW you went all out... i would also think... romney love a ditto and any poke that has metronome...

oh yeah persian or meowth has payback!