By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Reboot. YES or NO?

Tagged games:

Reboot?

YES 104 73.76%

NO 37 26.24%

Total:141

ive never played any RE's escept for 5 a few weeks ago which i really did not like but i think the most logical step for them to go is a reboot with Alice as the main character and follow the movie script. not sure if they already do only saw the 1st movie

Around the Network

I'm not normally one to support the idea of a reboot, but they've botched the series up pretty bad.

SW-5120-1900-6153

kupomogli said:
It's not the survival horror aspect that killed it. It's just a crappy game.

Left 4 Dead is a shooter and that works fine. Dead Space 2(haven't played the first) is a shooter that plays like the new Resident Evil style and that game works fine.

They need to hire someone who can develop a good game is what they need to do. Capcom has lost a lot of its best employees in a very short amount of time and has been shoveling out a lot of garbage lately. It's not going to be too long before no one even supports the company the way things are going.

Yeah that's why RE5 is their most successful RE ever and RE6 is looking to top that...

Technically they did when they went in a different direction to what people expect.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I want it to have tank controls again and small tight spaces here and there that feel claustrophobic.

RE5 and 6 went the dudebro road, with action packed sequences in big areas with controls that resemble way too much the likes of Gears of war.

Around the Network

Yes. Just as they rebooted with 4 when the series was becoming tired, they should do it again.

No I want to see how it all ends. Reboot everything but keep the story going with the same characters

yum123 said:
ive never played any RE's escept for 5 a few weeks ago which i really did not like but i think the most logical step for them to go is a reboot with Alice as the main character and follow the movie script. not sure if they already do only saw the 1st movie

As a resident evil fan I hope this never EVER happens. 

Revelations was a good model for this. They should try a console-bound HD re-release of Revelations to see how it does...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Knowing Crapcom, if they rebooted the series, they would take the opportunity to base it's indentity even more around action and cutscene a la wannabe movie Uncharted.

So no, I doubt a reboot would do it any good. If I had the confirmation that a reboot would be to come back to it's survival-horror roots, then yes, could'nt hurt to start the story over cause imo the story right now is a mess and it could attract new fans who are not currently interested in the franchise cause they know nothing about the story.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)