By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Facebook just reached a billion active users but......

So Facebook has reached a billion active users, and from what I've read has slowed down or just about peaked in terms of growth.  It had 900 million all year long, so it hasn't done as much as you would think in terms of year over year growth %. 

Also the company that gets basically all of its revenue from Facebook isn't growing as fast as the analysts would like

Edit: talking about zynga, check the news articles out about them missing earnings, poacher is even mentioned lol

Around the Network

Just to clarify to Europeans, what americans call a billion we call it one thousand million.

1, 000, 000, 000

spurgeonryan said:
A billion! That is amazing. I get game request all day long. How is zynga no making bank?

Possibly bc the growth of Facebook might not be as extensive or meaningful for whatever reason tan previously reported.  Facebook might have changed their definition of active users.  Or it could just be poor management at zynga.   

Im thinking that Facebook will below twenty dollars in its stock price by the end of January.

1 billion users is astonishing, I don't think it can really grow much further and will eventually reach a point where there is simply no room left to expand.

Curious of the gender difference in that billion.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:

It's probably pretty balanced bc it represents a site that is well developed, I'd think that these kindsvofcsites just have all guys at first and get more chicks as time rolls om

dallas said:
Zelhawks37 said:

It's probably pretty balanced bc it represents a site that is well developed, I'd think that these kindsvofcsites just have all guys at first and get more chicks as time rolls om

also, some religions may forbid and opress women to have any sort of online social interaction. 

Facebook + Carl Sagan =

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

FrancisNobleman said:
Just to clarify to Europeans, what americans call a billion we call it one thousand million.

1, 000, 000, 000

The word "Billion" doesn't exist in Europe?

At a certain point growth has to slow down. Could facebook really be expected to continue its current momentum?