By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Facebook just reached a billion active users but......

Barozi said:
blkfish92 said:
Barozi said:
blkfish92 said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Just to clarify to Europeans, what americans call a billion we call it one thousand million.

1, 000, 000, 000

I hope you're lying.

one milliard

One milliard=1 billion?

one European million = one American million
one milliard = one American billion
one European billion = one American trillion
one billiard = one American quadrillion

and so on...

Oh alright then 1 millard sounds much better to say than 1 thousand million, well that settles that confusion lol

Around the Network

define "active"...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

1 billion users is amazing, but I wonder how active those 1 billion are, i have Facebook but don't do status' or anything on it. I got bored of it a long time a go. I perfer twitter anyway

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

SamuelRSmith said:
SmoothCriminal said:
wfz said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Just to clarify to Europeans, what americans call a billion we call it one thousand million.

1, 000, 000, 000

The word "Billion" doesn't exist in Europe?

A European billion is what us Americans would call a trillion.

Yes, it IS very confusing. As always though, the European model actually makes more sense

I've never heard somebody use the word "billion" to mean a "million million" in the UK. Everybody always uses it in the "thousand million" sense. Sticking to the thousands makes a lot of sense, as it keeps numbers manageabe as they increase in size.

I don't see how a thousand million is easier than billion. You're adding more to it, thus making it more complicated. This really isn't the point of the thread though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.