By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mitt Romney. 27 lies in 38 minutes.

BenVTrigger said:
Obviously job report was taken as a good thing but its 7.8% which is still pretty awful.

Im not even a Republican Id take Clinton again ANY day. Obama has failed policies end of story

Tell that to Spain who is sitting at a 25% unemployment rate right now :P

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
That would make a lot of sense Kaz. I know my Target store (Ultra low volume) hires about 20 or so seasonal workers in september till jan

Yeah turns out that's the case.   The Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is actually still 8.1%. 

Still wouldn't be surprised to see the job numbers move up though.

Afterall, goverment hiring was on an increase too last month for the first time in a long time.

Kasz216 said:
That would make a lot of sense Kaz. I know my Target store (Ultra low volume) hires about 20 or so seasonal workers in september till jan

Yeah turns out that's the case.   The Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is actually still 8.1%. 

Afterall, goverment hiring was on an increase too last month for the first time in a long time.

either way we are in a recovery. If republicans would have voted for the jobs bill we would be well under that by now. People seem to forget the 2 years of obstruction. Could obama done more? yes. Regardless of that, Obama will win off of these numbers and lets hope he gets the house back as well. then we can start talking about third party. LOL

I got to say kaz that I take your posts about politics the most seriously. You always have a graph or video to source on whatever the topic. I even think I remember you posting facts and sources in the 9/11 conspiracy thread.

spaceguy said:
BenVTrigger said:
Nah its not and Im not sayin Mitt is the best choice either

But I dont see how anyone defends Obama anymore. The mans a failed president, the worst in my lifetime, and is leading the slowest recovery in US history.

Im not even a big Romney supporter at all but Obama is beyond awful

actually the depression took over ten years to recover from and it wasn't until 2nd world war that we did. Also you would rather go back to someone who's policies mimick bush's. Those are the same policies that got us in this mess in the first place. Or should I say the The full controll of government by bush and a republican congress.

So you deny that the main reason for the Global Financial Crisis was the repeal of Glass Steagal?

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
Kasz216 said:

either way we are in a recovery. If republicans would have voted for the jobs bill we would be well under that by now. People seem to forget the 2 years of obstruction. Could obama done more? yes. Regardless of that, Obama will win off of these numbers and lets hope he gets the house back as well. then we can start talking about third party. LOL

Yeah I wouldn't say it matters, lack of seasonal adjusting hurts Obama just as much as it helps him (theoretically).  Just worth pointing out since it's the kind of thing that can cofuse people.

As for the jobs bill helping the economy... not really going to do anything... Romney's plans are unlikely to help either.

The problem is, people are trying to apply giant macroeconomic forumla's onto a problem that's not normal.  At the moment we're at a stiuation where buisnesses won't hire until there is an increase in real demand... and there won't be an increase in real demand until buisnesses start hiring. 

The Jobs bill and any other kind of stimulus program... companies will just collect there profits and hold off hiring anyone knowing it'd be more trouble then it's worth because we can't run deficits forever.

The scary part is, there is a LOT indication there is a of hidden inflation out there.  Which would mean we were in a case of Stagflation... and believe me, you espeically wouldn't like the cure to Stagflation.

I got to say kaz that I take your posts about politics the most seriously. You always have a graph or video to source on whatever the topic. I even think I remember you posting facts and sources in the 9/11 conspiracy thread.

That's probably because while I find politics and policy making very intersting...

I'm actually really un-ideological.

All i care about is what works so i'm always looking up research, numbers and graphs in my freetime, and before i post.

I tend to lean libretarian in these dicussons, but only mostly because i think the current regulations that exist are awful, and should be gotten rid of.

If we Ron Paul was president and got rid of everything, I'd want to replace it with a lot of new ideas.

Government is kind of like a giant mural in a public place.  It starts out white, and you add stuff and more stuff, and it's really hard to change stuff you've already put up there, and later on... stuff you put up there isn't relevent anymore, falls out of favor with people or later becomes offensive, so you try to change it and cover it up but it doesn't quite work, sometimes you change styles so you have a big clash that makes them look kinda ugly....

So every 100 years or so i'd say.  You really want to whitewash the whole thing and start over.

There are so many new ways to solve a lot of this stuff that have been discovered as likely to help through sociology and the like, but aren't tried because politicians stay glued to the old policies that don't work.

Kasz216 said:
killerzX said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
I fixed the italics tag. Something weird in the formatting where the first letter was getting put in brackets, and the first letter of an entry was "I," so a tag open that was, naturally, never closed.

Plus the jobs report was taken as a good thing.

Which is odd... considering there was only 116,000 jobs created or so... and there weren't that many people who left the market too... about an equal amount.

All I can imagine is that there were almost no new workers /people looking for work this month.

what are you telling me you dont  believe nearly 1 million people found work last month!? 

these numbers a clearly fixed. unemployment hasnt been below 8% since obama took office, the month before the elecion it gets down to below 8%. how convenient. these number will get revised up. they are really about 8.2%. but by the time they get corrected. it will be after the election.

labor force participation is still at 30 year lows.

I think the Buereu of Labor statistics is too inefficent to fix anything.

Really if anything i'd expect the job numbers to be revised upwords, because consumer sentiment was reported as up.

It's weird for sentiment to be up, but hiring to be down.

Actually thinking about it, the unemployment rate probably went down with such a weak number because i believe jobs numbers are seasonally adjusted, while unemployment rate isn't.  So it could be due to a big Christmas boom of part time help.

well most economist believed unemployment would be ~8.3% for this report.

also the BLS just recorded the highest job numbers ever in a single month since 29 years ago. do you really believe that.

and literally for 30 something straight months, every single BLS jobs report got revised to show worse numbers than originally reported. literally every single time for 30 something straight months. every time like clock work.

Kasz216 said:
spaceguy said:
BenVTrigger said:
Nah its not and Im not sayin Mitt is the best choice either

But I dont see how anyone defends Obama anymore. The mans a failed president, the worst in my lifetime, and is leading the slowest recovery in US history.

Im not even a big Romney supporter at all but Obama is beyond awful

actually the depression took over ten years to recover from and it wasn't until 2nd world war that we did. Also you would rather go back to someone who's policies mimick bush's. Those are the same policies that got us in this mess in the first place. Or should I say the The full controll of government by bush and a republican congress.

So you deny that the main reason for the Global Financial Crisis was the repeal of Glass Steagal?

Nope I agree that was a big part but when bush came in he decided to complete deregulate wall st and the banks. . I'm not a fan of the democrates moving to the right. I will be the first to say Clintons nafta and Glass steagal removal was a disaster.

Kasz216 said:
spaceguy said:
Kasz216 said:

Yeah I wouldn't say it matters, lack of seasonal adjusting hurts Obama just as much as it helps him (theoretically).  Just worth pointing out since it's the kind of thing that can cofuse people.

As for the jobs bill helping the economy... not really going to do anything... Romney's plans are unlikely to help either.

The problem is, people are trying to apply giant macroeconomic forumla's onto a problem that's not normal.  At the moment we're at a stiuation where buisnesses won't hire until there is an increase in real demand... and there won't be an increase in real demand until buisnesses start hiring. 

The Jobs bill and any other kind of stimulus program... companies will just collect there profits and hold off hiring anyone knowing it'd be more trouble then it's worth because we can't run deficits forever.

The scary part is, there is a LOT indication there is a of hidden inflation out there.  Which would mean we were in a case of Stagflation... and believe me, you espeically wouldn't like the cure to Stagflation.

Infrastructure would put demand back out there. That was a big part of the jops bill. Millionairs would only have to pay I think it was 1/7th of 1% more on tax's on there second million made. Is that enough? no but it would have helped. We are way behind in Infrastructure and those jobs pay good because there union, which means people can pay bills and have disposable money.