By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The best thing about the Vita!

I don't understand why the media is so anti-sony. I can only imagine that their negativity stims from jealousy. It is no secret that the vita, in its infancy, has received this media bias in full force with claims that it is too expensive, complaints about its memory cards, and even something as petty as its battery life. Well to all those haters, if you don't like the console itself, you don't have to buy it to enjoy its library of games. I'm sure the biased writers at vgchartz and sony haters at publications such as IGN, Gamespot, N4G, and Metacritic didn't take this into account. If anything, not having to buy the console to enjoy its games is a move that benefits consumers more than anything and for these reasons.

A.) Saves you money. Most people have a ps3 already. Don't use that 250 USD for vita, just buy vita games for the ps3.

B.) Takes up less space in your house.

C.) You can play PSV games on your big screen if you have a ps3.

Some of you may be confused by what I mean when I say buy psv games for the ps3, so let me spell it out for you. Instead of buying the paltry handheld version, buy the console version. Here are some examples:

Rayman Origins

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection(ps3 version comes with Peace walker too!)

Mortal Kombat

Ratchet and Clank FFA

A better version of Uncharted

A vastly better version of Resistance

A better version of CoD

A better version of Assassins Creed

A better version of LBP( pick one of the two, both are pretty much the same anyways)

Sound Shapes

Jet Set Radio HD(ps3 version in actual HD!)

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom

Madden

Fifa

PASBR

Sly Cooper TiT

MLB The Show

Virtua Tennis 4

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Lego Batman 2

Lego  anything really

Michael Jackson the Experience

A version of Modnation Racers where you can actually play online!

Street Fighter X Tekken

and much much more.

I hope this gives antisony supporters something to think about next time they are about to bash the vita.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Is this supposed to be satire?

Andrespetmonkey said:

No, it's a not so veiled attempt at something much more sinister and underhanded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Andrespetmonkey said:

Did I state anything that isn't true? I guess the most offensive thing you can call me is Captain Obvious.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

spurgeonryan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

No he is asking for everyone to say the best things about the Vita. Why must you always be so grumpy now?

Lol I'm not grumpy now and I haven't been recently

Around the Network

The hardware aspect of the Vita is great but still the Vita is pretty worthless at the moment. Not a single game that I care about on it as of yet and this goes to most people. It has nothing to do with the Vita itself. It has something to do with a steep price with games that people do not care about. Ports or console like games that are not as good as games on home consoles are not going to sale this thing. Nothing you state about the Vita is going to change this. They need to lower the price of the memory cards, vita, and get original Ip's to make this thing worth anything.

the best thing is the great bak catalog you have on PSN from the PSP.

Actual software for the console is lackluster at the moment. Heck, even 3DS line up is a bit weak at this point yet.

Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem will take like half a year to come to europe yet, and those games are the ones I am waiting for. I've only bought Res. Revelations and SSFIV yet.

homer said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Did I state anything that isn't true? I guess the most offensive thing you can call me is Captain Obvious.

N4G is biased but it is biased towards Sony.  They might put articles from other sites that are anti-Sony but they always fill up with pro Sony comments with a few haters thrown into the mix.

homer said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Well, you stated your opinion as fact. Uncharted on Vita in my opinion is on par with the console versions (better than the first), so to me you're wrong. You called games that aren't even out yet lesser versions of other games. LBPV has been praised as the definitive LBP game and the best in the series...

That said, I do agree that Sony is making a mistake with some of the cross-play/buy or whatever games, some games, like PASBR, should only be on PS3 and some games, like Sound Shapes, should only be on Vita.

Andrespetmonkey said:
homer said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Well, you stated your opinion as fact. Uncharted on Vita in my opinion is on par with the console versions (better than the first), so to me you're wrong. You called games that aren't even out yet lesser versions of other games. LBPV has been praised as the definitive LBP game and the best in the series...

That said, I do agree that Sony is making a mistake with some of the cross-play/buy or whatever games, some games, like PASBR, should only be on PS3 and some games, like Sound Shapes, should only be on Vita.

You're right. I apologize. I was just going off Metacritic ratings where both of my claims are backed 100 % by statistical data. Your opinion is still valid though as a fellow devoted sony gamer.