By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU pass PS Vita?

chapset said:
BenVTrigger said:
As someone who has a rough idea of what were going to be looking at as far as shipments go I assure you Nintendo is shipping MUCH more than 400k units

Demand for Wii U and Vita isnt even compareable I worked the launch period of both consoles. Nintendo will sell through as many as they ship, as long as they can keep a decent level of shipments they will pass the Vita before 2013

quoted

Golden, haha

Around the Network
chapset said:
BenVTrigger said:
As someone who has a rough idea of what were going to be looking at as far as shipments go I assure you Nintendo is shipping MUCH more than 400k units

Demand for Wii U and Vita isnt even compareable I worked the launch period of both consoles. Nintendo will sell through as many as they ship, as long as they can keep a decent level of shipments they will pass the Vita before 2013

quoted

No disrespect to the guy, but I've seen quite a few posts from him making certain claims based on the (one?) Gamestop he's managing and I think this should probably give him an idea of how (un)reliable his own stock can be in terms of predicting what will happen in the rest of the country. 

I remember making one crazy prediction and I still won't forgive myself for being so wrong (modnation racers selling 3m LT). Most people around here won't admit they made a mistake or even think twice about applying what they learned from their last prediction to the next one. It gets funnier when they get one right, in which case a thread is necesary to be made to let everyone know how right they were. 

April 2014

whats making me laugh is this keeps getting bumped and people keep being WRONG. As i type this its still about 2 mil behind. Its needs holiday to even catch up

oniyide said:
whats making me laugh is this keeps getting bumped and people keep being WRONG. As i type this its still about 2 mil behind. Its needs holiday to even catch up

Meanwhile, the gap keeps growing lol. 

Around the Network

Smash Bros launch.

Currently Vita sells reasonably in Japan and it sells poorly elsewhere. The Wii U sells poorly anywhere. Advantage for the Vita, at very least for now.

Wow an almost 2 year old thread... where some people predicted Wii U would outsell the VIta within months, some at launch...?! One person said the Wii U should have 2 million in Japan by the end of 2013... wow... It's really sad when you think these people genuinely stood by their predictions and probably would have argued them with all kinds of flawed logic and reasoning... The Vita leads by what? 2 million? Probably will stay the same for the foreseeable future.. So maybe "Never" ended up being the answer to this thread.. I don't think anyone said that..

Look how wrong some people were *sips tea*

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

I say june 2015 at the most.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.