By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU pass PS Vita?

It's kind of crazy how terrribly the Wii U did compared to its predicted sales.

Around the Network

end of the year 2013

The Wii U may never pass the Vita- I hope they both sell much better than they have to date- but Wii U may be too far behind- If it does not pass the Vita by April 2014 then it prob won t happen at all

Nevorr, ever Nevorr

december 2013.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
With the rumored 400,000 availbel wiiu's at launch, first day week month, isn't going to happen. Some people here give the wii u way to much credit. But it launching just like the vita did, excellent line up of ports and a few gems. High price, and lack of a focused market. If I had to guess it will be late feb when it passes, if the vita sales don't pick up.

Can you...can you look into the future?

how u do dis?

Im fucking magical.  :)

By spring 2014 possibly. Although I think things will come full circle and the VIta will outpace it again at a later point.

Reason being its only a Matter of time before the Vita blows up Japan, its doing solidly now but I assume at some point 2014 it will really start selling, at which point the japanese sales will compensate for weaker western sales. The Vita still hasn't had a major exclusive (we all misjudged the appeal of Soul Sacrifice), yet Japan has clearly shown that there is room for a seconf handheld on the market. Probably once pokemon+monster hunter fever has died down for the 3DS.

The most pessimistic prediction in the entire thread turned out to be the most accurate.

brendude13 said:
The most pessimistic prediction in the entire thread turned out to be the most accurate.

Which one is that? 

Mmmfishtacos said:
brendude13 said:

Which one is that? 

Your's.