By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 getting a price cut in Australia

GameSpot

Microsoft Australia today announced it is lowering the recommended retail price (RRP) of its Xbox 360 standalone consoles and Kinect bundles in Australia by between $50 and $150. The price drops will be effective starting Thursday, October 4.

According to the publisher, the move marks Microsoft's largest price drop on record in Australia.

The new prices will be as follows:

250GB Xbox 360 will now be available for $299 ($150 price cut)

4GB Xbox 360 will now be available for $199 ($50 price cut)

4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect will now be available for $299 ($100 price cut)

Kinect Sensor will now be available for $149 ($50 price cut)

Limited edition Xbox 360 consoles will now be available for $399 ($50 price cut) - this refers to existing consoles only, and does not include new-release consoles such as the limited edition Halo 4 Xbox 360.

Microsoft Australia's Christmas line-up includes Halo 4, Forza Horizons, Dance Central 3, Nike + Kinect Training and Fable The Journey, as well as services like Xbox SmartGlass and Internet Explorer. The publisher also revealed a new Xbox Live update will be scheduled for later this year.

Microsoft Australia also announced Halo 4 will launch in Australia on November 6 for a RRP of $89.95 for the standard edition, and $129.95 for the limited edition.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-getting-a-price-cut-in-australia-6397579?skipcmc=1

Around the Network

NICE!!

although I already got an XBOX 360 Halo Reach which cos tme $500 lol.

May pickup a backup console when they drop to about $200 for the 250gb model.

that sounds so much, how much is the australian dollar compared to the euro?

€dit: ok i forgot it is the msrp, maybe cheaper as in europe then

crissindahouse said:

that sounds so much, how much is the australian dollar compared to the euro?

€dit: ok i forgot it is the official price

1 EUR = 1.2589 AUD

1 AUD = 1.0253 USD

In all honesty it doesn't matter what it is. Australia has always costs 2x USA.

Excused used:

- exchange rate is 1USD = $2 AUD (OK PEOPLE ACCEPT THAT our dollar was worth half the USA).

- when dollar was parity, OH it costs a lot of money to ship to Australia. BS. It costs less to ship from HK to SYD than MELB to SYD lol because of internal port taxes. Also why was this not an excuse before?

- Population i stoo small to lower price? Again why was this not an excuse before?

A Moderator can close this duplicate thread.

Around the Network

Well now even Aus is $299,i don't understand why didn't price cut in NA now

Perfect timing!

I need a 3rd one for my garage :)

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Would be nice to get a pricecut in EU too. My launch box is starting to act up. :/

If this had been a global I would have thought it was a reaction to the imminent Wii U launch. But it's Australia only, so maybe not.

Just saw an ad today here in Germany with an Xbox 360 250GB with 5 games (Skyrim, Fable 3, Alan Wake, Halo Reach and Forza 4) for 172€.