By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 getting largest single price drop on record in Australia; could other regions follow?

Hey I might get my nieces and nephews that Xbox and Kinect for Christmas if this happens in the US.

Around the Network

They will probably cut in Americas later since they already own that market.

360 price drops make me so rock hard :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

smbu2000 said:
Interesting. The day of this price drop, Oct. 4th, is the same day of the 250gb 360 price drop in Japan. From 29,800 yen down to 19,800 yen.

Link?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Turkish said:
" 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect will now be available for $299 ($100 price cut)"

So it just reached the pricepoint in some other markets?

Depends on what you mean by "other markets". In Switzerland for example, the price of the 4G bundle has been (sometimes veryconsiderably) lower than those aussie $299 for ages (same goes for all the other "reduced" prices mentioned). I'd simply say that MS mlked Aussies for as long as they could (and still do it in the States).

Around the Network

If Microsoft were smart they would drop the price in NA as well. A price setup like this would be optimal.

4GB -- $129ish

4GB/Kinect -- $199ish

250GB -- $199ish

250GB/Kinect $299

Now is the perfect time to drop the price of their console and then advertise like they never have before because they're making plenty of profit off of the 360 currently (and they probably still would even with the above prices) and now is the time to market the Xbox brand so they can really get a buzz going for next generation.

sales2099 said:
smbu2000 said:
Interesting. The day of this price drop, Oct. 4th, is the same day of the 250gb 360 price drop in Japan. From 29,800 yen down to 19,800 yen.

Link?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148001

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

yo_john117 said:

If Microsoft were smart they would drop the price in NA as well. A price setup like this would be optimal.

4GB -- $129ish

4GB/Kinect -- $199ish

250GB -- $199ish

250GB/Kinect $299

Now is the perfect time to drop the price of their console and then advertise like they never have before because they're making plenty of profit off of the 360 currently (and they probably still would even with the above prices) and now is the time to market the Xbox brand so they can really get a buzz going for next generation.

That would be like giving away them for free. Like they do in Europe.

I don't know. I might not like a price drop. I think it's cocky by MS to keep the price high at $300 for a X360, cocky in a cool way.

They really need a price drop in North America this year if they want to hold on to their commanding monthly leads.

tonymarraffa said:
Hey I might get my nieces and nephews that Xbox and Kinect for Christmas if this happens in the US.

i also bought my nephew and my niece kinect last december with kinect sports and dance central!