By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software for "going to multiplatform" was a good decision???

Tagged games:

From Software "going to multiplatform" was a good decision?

Yes 97 56.40%

No 61 35.47%

I don't know 14 8.14%

Total:172
NiKKoM said:
lol.. Demon's Souls didn't even get published by Sony in the US and Europe.. that's how much faith they had in the IP... so yeah From Software made a great decision to dump Sony and create Dark Souls and not wait around to let Sony decide when, if ever, there would be a sequel to demon souls..

wrong, it was not From Software's decision

Around the Network
selnor said:
Sony fans only use the sales figures when it suits them.

So bloody sad.

I hate Sony more and more because of its fans.

Dismissing Dark outselling Demons in same time frame is ridiculous.

Massive agenda.

No its not ridiculous. Talking to you is much more ridiculous "Massive Agenda".

selnor said:

So bloody sad.

Massive agenda.

elaborate please on the first one.

about the rest, objectively, calling what Dark Souls achieved "outselling" is also ridiculous. the fact that Demon's Souls sold slowly well into a long period of time is a fact that has been extensively explained in this thread. if you don't have an actual argument as about why you think Dark Souls will continue to sell in the same manner Demon's Souls did, you are just talking

From Software isn't know for making titles that sell a lot so no one should have expected a massive boost from Dark Soul going multiplatform. Also a lot of people where turned off from buying the sequel since the first game was too hard.

Chris Hu said:
From Software isn't know for making titles that sell a lot so no one should have expected a massive boost from Dark Soul going multiplatform. Also a lot of people where turned off from buying the sequel since the first game was too hard.

Dude in all seriousness, the level of butthurt  in this thread  because of the Dark Souls sales  is off the chain (self censored)

-The reason Dark Souls went multiplat was the success of Demon's Souls.

-The reason Demon Souls made it out of japan was its mouth to mouth popularity in the first place.

-The peole who bought DS most certainly did not buy it as an impulse purchase just like other popular games.

-The very reason the first one made a name for itself was the old school difficulty.

Please stop feeding me straight lines guys.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Chris Hu said:

Dude in all seriousness, the level of butthurt  in this thread  because of the Dark Souls sales  is off the chain (self censored)

-The reason Dark Souls went multiplat was the success of Demon's Souls.

-The reason Demon Souls made it out of japan was its mouth to mouth popularity in the first place.

-The peole who bought DS most certainly did not buy it as an impulse purchase just like other popular games.

-The very reason the first one made a name for itself was the old school difficulty.

Please stop feeding me straight lines guys.

oh see, someone used the word butthurt, the most beloved word nowadays for people who don't agree with someone elses opinion on vgchartz and instantly have to think that guy can't be serious, he has to be "butthurt"

crissindahouse said:

oh see, someone used the word butthurt, the most beloved word nowadays for people who don't agree with someone elses opinion on vgchartz and instantly have to think that guy can't be serious, he has to be "butthurt"

don't patronize me please. there is a mild differnce between opinions and well grounded arguments when it comes to discussing sales.

i called a bunch of people "wrong" here when they came back with something concrete, then we'll talk

Shinobi-san said:
Difficult to compare the two though. Demon souls was a first of its kind...and got quite a lot of hype from word of mouth. People wanted to play this awesome, overly hard and very unique game.

With Dark Souls the novelty has worn off...the type of game is more familiar now. And for a few people the game appears to be too similar to demon souls and wont go out and buy the game again.

I really don't think it would have mattered in the end.

Even beyond that, I think those two games have shown other publishers around the world that it's okay to release an extremely difficult game with a steep learning curve.  No need for hand-holding.  I like what it's done for console gaming.  Knowingly going against the grain, selling better than expected, and loving it. 

mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:

So bloody sad.

Massive agenda.

No its not ridiculous. Talking to you is much more ridiculous "Massive Agenda".

No one look at the dismissal of anything against sales on this site is enough to make people hurl.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
crissindahouse said:

don't patronize me please. there is a mild differnce between opinions and well grounded arguments when it comes to discussing sales.

i called a bunch of people "wrong" here when they came back with something concrete, then we'll talk

your arguments aren't more true as others just because you like them more.

yes most who bought demon's souls knew it will be hard (but not all, it was cheap, many grap something for cheap) and only because most knew it will be a hard game doesn't mean they knew how hard for some people. there are some who did not really have a problem with the game but there are also many who did not even manage to kill the first 30 enemies after 50 tries and didn't want to try even more.