By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Awful Crysis and UT III Sales

^it sold well mostly because of its name

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Complete failure for UT3 means nice deal for us.
Unreal Tournament III: Limited Collector's Edition is 27.99€ (£17.99) right now on Play.com!

Crysis: my computer can't run this damn thing, so do all but two of my friends whose computers are struggling

UT3: was sure it won't sell. Not very innovative and nothing really new. Other games using the Unreal Engine looks much much better.

Ive played Crysis, its not that good i was bored of it atfer about 2 hours i do believe : ( if it comes out on ps3 i wont get it

kcua_626 said:
Crysis: my computer can't run this damn thing, so do all but two of my friends whose computers are struggling

UT3: was sure it won't sell. Not very innovative and nothing really new. Other games using the Unreal Engine looks much much better.

UT3: wtf are you talking about? its selling fine and the game adds a ton of new gameplay mechanics to the gameplay.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

^^

it is not selling fine for the hype and the caliber it has. Gameplay mechanics like what? What features does it have that others don't?

look: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13325

<200k in 6 weeks 

I'm sure PC version is doing not good either.

crysis specs are just too high while UTIII will rpobaly do better when the 360 version comes out - less pirating and bigger install base than ps3

Legend11 said:
The piracy situation on the PC is now completely out of control especially since the rise of BitTorrent. We hear about the growing problem from on long list of PC developers that have turned to consoles to increase their sales.

The most recent voice that was added to the chorus was Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward who wrote a blog entry titled "They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More" and talked about the "astounding" number of people who are playing pirated copies of Call of Duty 4 online.

I thought that you needed a valid code for online play and that pirated copies in that case does nothing more than offer offline play.

It's as Mark Rein said: Since when did 50,000 sales in the first month constitute "bad sales"? Just because Halo and Gran Turismo and Super Mario sell like crazy on release, doesn't mean every game has to perform like that to be considered as "selling well"

I went to Best Buy today for my usual breaks (I don't smoke like my coworkers so I take walking breaks) and both UT III and Crysis where $59.99!!!

How about reducing the cost to $49.99 or even $39.99

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)