By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Halo 4 may be the savior of First Party Titles for MS..

wfz said:
Argh_College said:
They cant compete ? haha

i rather have Halo than any other Sony game. But thats my opinion and for me.

MS >>> Sony >>>>> Ninty.

I just want to point out the fact that your personal tastes have nothing to do with publishers being able to compete with each other. You are not the only consumer by a long shot. :P

So thats why Halo 4 will outsell everything this year from others 1st parties Console manufacters?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

lol the list posted by @kain_kusanagi is not first-party... just because Microsoft or Sony published some third-party game doesn't make it first-party.

A. You know what I meant.

B. It's fixed so you can relax.

i don't think it's important to have a lot of first party exclusives, even if microsoft wouldn't have an own studio with an own exclusive game, as long as they have some important exclusives they are fine. if these come from first party or second/third party isn't necessary. i really don't care which studio is making a game i'm interested in as long as i am interested in it.

kain_kusanagi said:
ethomaz said:

lol the list posted by @kain_kusanagi is not first-party... just because Microsoft or Sony published some third-party game doesn't make it first-party.

I shadow edit my post too... now I listed all first-party series from Microsoft and Sony plus sony have second-party game, Microsoft not.

ethomaz said:
kain_kusanagi said:
ethomaz said:

I shadow edit my post too... now I listed all first-party series from Microsoft and Sony plus sony have second-party game, Microsoft not.

All that matters is if it was published by Sony or MS.

Around the Network

Are you simply suggesting that some of the Halo 4 revenues can/might be used to support new first party titles?

Well, I don't see how that wouldn't make sense. If they can afford taking more risks then that's great.

kain_kusanagi said:

Nope... ME1 is published by Microsoft (on 360) and it is not exclusive/first-party... Ghostbusters is published by Sony (on PS3) and it is not exclusive/ first-party.

The question in OP is about first-party games. So any third or second-party game is not allowed.

The biggest first-paty franchise for 360: Halo, Forza, Fable, Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports.
The biggest first-paty franchise for PS3: God of War, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Killzone, MotorStorm and inFAMOUS.

* games over 2 million in sales *

ethomaz said:

kain_kusanagi said:

Nope... ME1 is published by Microsoft (on 360) and it is not exclusive/first-party... Ghostbusters is published by Sony (on PS3) and it is not exclusive/ first-party.

The question in OP is about first-party games. So any third or second-party game is not allowed.

The biggest first-paty franchise for 360: Halo, Forza and Fable.
The biggest first-paty franchise for PS3: God of War, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Killzone, MotorStorm and inFAMOUS.

* games over 2 million in sales *

The OP's logic is flawed and so is yours. The Gears of War series is published by MS and therefore it matters. Sony buys up developers and MS makes deals for publishing rights. The end result is the same.

ME1 is an exeption. There are always going to be special cases.

All that matters is what was published by Sony and MS.

I don't see the point of this thread

Halo 4 alone on hype will succeed. Any extra sales will be from quality.

kain_kusanagi said:

The OP's logic is flawed and so is yours. The Gears of War series is published by MS and therefore it matters. Sony buys up developers and MS makes deals for publishing rights. The end result is the same.

ME1 is an exeption. There are always going to be special cases.

All that matters is what was published by Sony and MS.

So I do not understand your point. Geasr is not either exclusive or first-party.