By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA sent ME3 on Wii U to die.

lilbroex said:
That is because no one cared about ME3 and they still don't. Most people would rather have just 1 and 2 with out 3 than 3 by itself.

3mil+ sold across just PS360 is no one caring?? Thats news to me. it might not outsell ME2 but the 360 version already has the original beat.  Still doesnt explain why it seems only NOW some people care enough to complain, why not complain way back when.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
dharh said:
EA was probably already making the trilogy for PS360 before they got their hands on the Wii U dev kits. Either that or they figured it might be too much effort to port 3 games to Wii U without knowing how much success it might get, so they just decided to do ME3 first to feel it out.

EA should never have even tried to release ME on Wii U. Sequels of Games (real sequels, not like Final Fantasy) should finish on the brand(s) they started on.

Someone's mad about Bayonetta...

Sorry you are dead wrong. I never played the first Bayonetta, because I think its a dumb game to begin with, and I do not care that its now on the Wii U in so far as the game _itself_ is concerned.  I do however think that game series that jump from one console brand to another when they are not multiplat is a bad bussiness move. How many hardcore Bayonetta fans are gonna play the second one? Probably less than half. How many people who end up playing Bayonetta 2 are going to have played the first? Probably less than half. This is not a good way to create large fan base.

But in the end, in this instance, it may be an ok move, even if they end up with less potential buyers than they could of had if it were possible for them to publish it multi-plat or just on the PS3.

Your argument is invalid.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Darc Requiem said:
Mr Khan said:
dharh said:
EA was probably already making the trilogy for PS360 before they got their hands on the Wii U dev kits. Either that or they figured it might be too much effort to port 3 games to Wii U without knowing how much success it might get, so they just decided to do ME3 first to feel it out.

EA should never have even tried to release ME on Wii U. Sequels of Games (real sequels, not like Final Fantasy) should finish on the brand(s) they started on.

Someone's mad about Bayonetta...

You sure about that. I mean using his line of reasoning a multitude of franchises would become Wii U exclusive. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Megaman, Castlevania, Tales of, etc. Of course, since the MSX was concieved by Microsoft, Metal Gear would become Xbox exclusive....

Indeed and then there would have been a reason to have had the Wii/Wii U. As it stands now, all the _really_ good games are either multi-plat or not on Nintendo consoles (so far, we will see in the future.)

Going deeper, I'm actually more ok with game series going multi-plat than I am with exclusive games jumping exclusively to another console. Though I still think ME should have just stuck with XBOX.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Metrium said:

It's obvious, EA sent ME3 on Wii U only to fail. How can EA seriously think ANYONE would buy this when they are launching ME trilogy for the same price mere days before. I already thought it was weird that EA could expect that anyone would buy this because playing the previous games is so important to the experience, but now it's clear that they are not expecting anything. 

They will watch it fail and use that argument to claim that supporting the system is not worth it! Remember when EA's ceo kept saying good thing about the wii u? What happened since then? Did Nintendo pee in their cherios? If they were serious about givng the system a chance, they would have made a port for Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor or Need for Speed.

So you're telling me that a massively successful company such as EA would throw their support behind a company like Nintendo and spend plenty of time and money developing a game for the launch of the system, knowing that they would lose the money, so that they could later contradict their later assessment of the company and sway the hearts and minds away from Nintendo?

Sounds legit.

why the fuck would i want to play Mass Effect 3 on WiiU when i never played the previous games in the series. i wasn't that interested in the franchise since the beginning anyway.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
I still think that plain and simple greed is a better explanation than conspiracy. With PC and XB360 they were able to sell all the three single titles and now the trilogy, with PS3 they sold the last two single titles and now the trilogy, with WiiU they want to at least sell one single title, ME3, then the trilogy. As to sell the trilogy they must port three titles to WiiU, doing it to sell two full priced boxes instead of just one could make a big difference on profits, or even be the difference between losing and profiting on the series on WiiU too.

This, nice to see not everyone is paranoid.  I find it a little strange that when the trilogy gets announced for other systems all of a sudden, their is outrage about ME3 on Wii U. I didnt see anywhere near this outrage when it was announced at E3

The only thing is that Alby's argument assumes that the trilogy version is coming. Until we know that one way or another, we won't know who is right here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

As a publisher it makes sense that EA wants a few of the new platforms coming out to fail because they must be sick of the segmented user base and having to create their game for multiple platforms. More than ever before with iOS, Android/Ouya, PS3/X360, Wii U, 3DS, PS-Vita, PS4/XBox3.

So I am willing to buy that EA is purposely sabotaging the success of their own products on Wii U, but why not simply abstain from any support.

cusman said:

As a publisher it makes sense that EA wants a few of the new platforms coming out to fail because they must be sick of the segmented user base and having to create their game for multiple platforms. More than ever before with iOS, Android/Ouya, PS3/X360, Wii U, 3DS, PS-Vita, PS4/XBox3.

So I am willing to buy that EA is purposely sabotaging the success of their own products on Wii U, but why not simply abstain from any support.

That would make them look bad. They want a valid exsuse that they can pull out when people ask them to explain why they are doing what they are doing.

snowdog said:
No surprise tbh. Even without the Trilogy being released on other platforms Mass Effect 3 won't sell a great deal. They're (incorrectly imo) assuming that 'hardcore' titles won't sell on the U.

I guarantee this though: When Ubisoft are busy counting heaps of cash from the good sales performances of ZombiU, Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed 3 you're going to have EA executives kicking themselves that they didn't make more effort at launch.

Expect some last minute panicking ports of their big releases next year as a result of this.

A bit daft really tbh, any executive of any of the major publishers with any sort of sense should know that a Nintendo console launching with a 2D Mario game is going to fly off shelves all over the place, supporting such a console isn't that much of a gamble really as long as a title has a decent marketing campaign.

That makes 100% sense. I couldn't agree more. Ubisoft is a great gaming company willing to take the right kind of risks. It doesn't make sense that EA would test WII U waters with a game such as ME3. In fact, the more news I hear about it, the more I think maybe I should pick up the trilogy on another console just to see what all the fuss is about. Dumb, I wouldn't even call it a gamble. Basically it's like giving Wii U owners an old piece of decaying meat when everyone who purchased the system is already enjoying a mouth watering gourmet meal.

Next, I bet Capcom will port another version of Resident Evil 4...just you wait and see.

I'll be buying a WII U for other reasons.

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
I still think that plain and simple greed is a better explanation than conspiracy. With PC and XB360 they were able to sell all the three single titles and now the trilogy, with PS3 they sold the last two single titles and now the trilogy, with WiiU they want to at least sell one single title, ME3, then the trilogy. As to sell the trilogy they must port three titles to WiiU, doing it to sell two full priced boxes instead of just one could make a big difference on profits, or even be the difference between losing and profiting on the series on WiiU too.

This, nice to see not everyone is paranoid.  I find it a little strange that when the trilogy gets announced for other systems all of a sudden, their is outrage about ME3 on Wii U. I didnt see anywhere near this outrage when it was announced at E3

The only thing is that Alby's argument assumes that the trilogy version is coming.til we know that one way or another, we won't know who is right here.

Then i guess we all have to agree to disagree until we for sure either way.  Im going to give EA a year and if I dont hear nothing about the trilogy on Wii U then I will say that they are being dicks to Ninty.