By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the deal with this Muslim video that has everyone in an uproar?

SvennoJ said:
The film is just an 'easy to feed the public' scapegoat. At most used to drive already angry people over the edge to join into mob mentality, although I doubt many people have actually seen that you tube movie.

I found this an interesting article about the riots:
http://www.psmag.com/politics/why-the-middle-east-is-rioting-46792/

I definitely agree with SvennoJ that the video is being used on some fronts as a tool to manipulate.

Not all of these riots are based on grassroots mobilization; in many cases religious or political leaders are using the video to distract citizens from high unemployment, corruption, cronyism, etc.

I'd also say this: there are different viewpoints at work here, based on religious and political traditions, and centuries of jurisprudence. As a result, sometimes you see a disconnect between the rights of the individual and the rights of the community.

Around the Network

Essentially it was a successful troll attempt. Mock the religion in ways that are patently false to piss off the people who you *know* will overreact, and in turn validate the stereotypes.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:

I do not understand what the big deal is. Christians are mocked all the time. Jesus and God are mocked almost daily!

Why is it that Muslims are so angry? Why is it not allowed to mock Islam, but it is perfectly fine to mock Christianity? I have not seen this video yet, all I keep finding in the news is:

Can Obama bridge rift with Muslim world?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Americas/Can-Obama-bridge-rift-with-Muslim-world/Article1-935301.aspx

Speaking of that, how are we going to calm the Muslim world down? Things are out of control!

It is not that mocking Islam is "not allowed" and mocking Christianity is "allowed". If you look into the countries that had uproars (Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Sudan, etc...) you will see that they were either politically unstable, poor, or had serious security issues. They were in a state of uproar in the first place and some were facing decades of oppression, poverty, and even bombed by the US, all recipes that cause violence to very easily ignite.

And NO! It is not justified for Muslims to kill. Murdering a single innocent human soul in Islam is likened to murdering all of humanity. The video makers are TROLLING (as Mr Khan has mentioned) because they know these people will react violently (EXACTLY what a troll wants to acheive). The best way to treat a troll is to ignore him and not make such a big deal out of it. Even the Quran mentions that mockery should be ignored.

A few things.

• A lot of the protests seem to attribute this to the American government because those countries don't really have non-state-run media.
  • The countries are poorer so people have naturally turned to more extreme forms of religion.
  • Islam hasn't had as long to calm down as Christianity has.
  • There's a lot of gain to be had by some people by inciting religious hatred. See: al-Qaeda.
  • I almost want that video to be taken down to spare people the agony of watching it. Dear god, is that thing terrible.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

This had such a reaction because they found it offensive, But i LOL at this regardless. It appears, muslims take their faith very seriously like mormons. Anyway, i watched some of the film, and it was shit. Just bad acting, looked like it was done on the cheap. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I only watched a small piece of it as I am sure many others have as well. Is it mocking Muhammad or is it just a learning tool. Looks like some Cheap Christian Channel movie that was made for the same reasons. Or is it just illegal in the Muslim world to show any images of muhammad?

It's not so much illegal as people who depict mohammad should be killed.  Well... Sunni Muslims.

Short reason being, they'd look at the little crosses with Jesus on them and see that as Idoltry, and worshiping jesus, not god himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depictions_of_Muhammad

Christians are mocked 24/7 and you never seem them do this shit.

Thats the Deep South..

the2real4mafol said:

This had such a reaction because they found it offensive, But i LOL at this regardless. It appears, muslims take their faith very seriously like mormons. Anyway, i watched some of the film, and it was shit. Just bad acting, looked like it was done on the cheap. 

mormons dont kill people over online videos

killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:

mormons dont kill people over online videos

They still take there stupid beliefs way too seriously

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018