By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the deal with this Muslim video that has everyone in an uproar?

the film was to badly made and unlike Americans, Muslims don't put up with shit like that... word

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

spurgeonryan said:
chapset said:
the film was to badly made and unlike Americans, Muslims don't put up with shit like that... word

But unlike other human beings they do not put up with anything. What is different about this?

they endure a bunch of shit like being bomb by Americans and colaretal damage or being visited by their secretary of state or even getting their ressources taken by the West while only a few of the elitist in those countries are getting the profits but Muhammed is sacred i guess... word

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

They are a very sensitive people who have a different culture and are misunderstood and...

Nah.

The film is just an 'easy to feed the public' scapegoat. At most used to drive already angry people over the edge to join into mob mentality, although I doubt many people have actually seen that you tube movie.

I found this an interesting article about the riots:
http://www.psmag.com/politics/why-the-middle-east-is-rioting-46792/

Around the Network

IMO, it's an excuse for religious nuts to incite violence. That goes to all religions.

Someone made a movie to provoke muslims. It worked. The sad part is that by their reactions, the extremists who resort to violence as a reaction to this video are making its rather condescending contents viable and a lot of people will assume that this is how ordinary muslims behave (hint; its not).

I just think their muslim religion hasnt grown up to modern day standards yet. Think 200 years or so ago christians would punish for lots of things that we see today as nothing to fuss about, don't get me wrong theres always people that are an example. But really, do you see people rioting all over the world every week because of the lastest southpark episode mocking jesus.

Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United Nations Abdullah Hussain Haroon is so offened he has said, “We don’t need your money, we don’t need your aid,”
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012924story_24-9-2012_pg7_20

chapset said:

Except, they don't put up with stuff like that when it's well made either.

spurgeonryan said:

I do not understand what the big deal is. Christians are mocked all the time. Jesus and God are mocked almost daily!

Why is it that Muslims are so angry? Why is it not allowed to mock Islam, but it is perfectly fine to mock Christianity? I have not seen this video yet, all I keep finding in the news is:

Can Obama bridge rift with Muslim world?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Americas/Can-Obama-bridge-rift-with-Muslim-world/Article1-935301.aspx

Speaking of that, how are we going to calm the Muslim world down? Things are out of control!

1) It is not OK to mock Christ or God. Christians, unlike Muslims, believe that there is nothing any human being can do to cause you to hurt another human being. The bible often tells you that when someone hurts you, you pray for them, and let God deal with them. This is why Christians don't burn the place down when e.g. Jesus appears on South Park

2) Only God can help the Muslim word friend.

3) Yep, Muslims are out of control and forever will be, it's in their religion to behave like this, they are justified by their religion to kill you, me and anyone else that says anything remotely 'bad' about 'the Prophet'.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.