By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What will YOU do with YOUR $800.00 or 1600.00???

Soriku said:
Wait...would I get $800 individually?

And then $800 for every other member?

When does this start (if it ever does)?
No.  You would get nothing!

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

@Soriku
You have to have paid taxes to get a tax rebate.

Spend your way out of debt, huh? It worked in the past, but not quite in the way it's being planned now. If you stick to the original plan of spending on large scale beneficial projects, then I could still see this working even in this day of age.

Giving 800 dollars to consumers who will spend at least some on foreign products where the US doesn't benefit, is just losing money. I can't seem to see how this would help out the US...

I guess it's a good way of getting the people back on your side though XD

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Why are people still trying this? You can't increase cash flow by giving away your money. A good first step to fixing this is repealing the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. This is what Democrats and rational REPUBLICANS know. I believe it was described best by former President Bush: VOODOO ECONOMICS. This can't possibly turn out well.

consume consume consume!
don't you get it?!
you must consume!
your president wants you to spend more money!

how pathetic...
you probably didn't know that the us government pays a daily 3 billion dollars in interest rates because the us government is broke and is lending money..

you don't have money for your people in new orleans
but spend hundreds of millions of dollars a DAY on your armed forces..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
ikilledkenny said:
Why are people still trying this? You can't increase cash flow by giving away your money. A good first step to fixing this is repealing the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. This is what Democrats and rational REPUBLICANS know. I believe it was described best by former President Bush: VOODOO ECONOMICS. This can't possibly turn out well.

Long term the best things the US government could do is:

1. Cut spending; currently the US government is going into debt by over $1,000 for every tax payer every year, and (like all governments) most of the spending is inefficient and has very little benefit.
  2. Change the Federal Reserve's mandate so that its only concern is to prevent inflation. Trying to manipulate the ecconomy through the centeral bank only ever provides short term benefit in exchange for long term troubles.
  3. Pay down the National Debt.
  4. Stop playing with the ecconomy for political gain.

well too bad i dont have a job so i wont get any

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

HappySqurriel said:
ikilledkenny said:

Long term the best things the US government could do is:

1. Cut spending; currently the US government is going into debt by over $1,000 for every tax payer every year, and (like all governments) most of the spending is inefficient and has very little benefit.
  2. Change the Federal Reserve's mandate so that its only concern is to prevent inflation. Trying to manipulate the ecconomy through the centeral bank only ever provides short term benefit in exchange for long term troubles.
  3. Pay down the National Debt.
  4. Stop playing with the ecconomy for political gain.

Pumpkin,

Nice points.  I agree, espcially with number 1.  They spend OUR money like crazy with no accountability.

ZOMG blame Bush! (even though the Democrat run Congress would have to pass it)

Yep, all blame on Bush. Stupid republicans do it again!

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Did those guys in the administration take any classes in economics?

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad