Now that I see the numbers

TP hack barely did anything 10 62.50%

TP hack still sold alot (30%+) 1 6.25%

TP hack still sold alot (70%+) 2 12.50%

I knew this already 3 18.75%

Total:16
happydolphin said:
ganoncrotch said:

aye have a friend who's the same way, he loves um but if he pets them and puts his hands anywhere near his face he just swells up to the point he can barely see after a while, just from being in our house at this stage it happens slowly even if they're not in the room so if we're playing street fighter or Melee for a few hours as the time passes he tends to lose more games :D but ye, I like animals always had one around, from a Red setter dog while younger to a cat always next to me during my gaming years. And aye! even cats love TP :D but I definately see your points here, the game might have been affected a tiny bit, but I would think that around 95% are probably legit sales of the game where people might know it was useful to hack it, but also knew it was an amazing game and maybe just 1% of the copies ended up being used just for hacking and were chucked on a heap after.

Or sold back on ebay ;)
Thankfully I'm not as allergic as your friend. I would be so bumbed out. I get bad rashes and my eyes get pink, but that's it.

but like you've never been able to own a dog or cat as a pet because of it? :s I can't really imagine how that is like feel proper bad, guess it's kinda like me, diabetic... loved sweet things, still have one now and then even tho it'll hurt :D there are hypoalengenic cats you can get you know, if you were ever properly keen to have a thing sat next to you purring that stops suddenly and runs the entire lenght of your house for no good reason, then returns to your side to purr some more.

you wouldn't sell on the game if you used it to hack a system tho, not right off anyways, there is always the chance that you'll need to redo it if you mess up a config file somewhere and then later versions of the game are going to be fixed to not allow hacks, was the same with lumines 2 for the psp only the first versions of the game allowed the hack from that game so they were really rare to see sold on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

but like you've never been able to own a dog or cat as a pet because of it? :s I can't really imagine how that is like feel proper bad, guess it's kinda like me, diabetic... loved sweet things, still have one now and then even tho it'll hurt :D there are hypoalengenic cats you can get you know, if you were ever properly keen to have a thing sat next to you purring that stops suddenly and runs the entire lenght of your house for no good reason, then returns to your side to purr some more.

you wouldn't sell on the game if you used it to hack a system tho, not right off anyways, there is always the chance that you'll need to redo it if you mess up a config file somewhere and then later versions of the game are going to be fixed to not allow hacks, was the same with lumines 2 for the psp only the first versions of the game allowed the hack from that game so they were really rare to see sold on.

Yeah, that's true. In the end though you would sell it though.

I love the fact that they just leave for no good reason and just purr. What a lovely thought. I can be around them and maybe even own some, but it would be difficult. I am looking into owning animals once I move into a house, so I'd defo look at getting hypoallergnic ones. I would love that.

happydolphin said:
ganoncrotch said:

Yeah, that's true. In the end though you would sell it though.

I love the fact that they just leave for no good reason and just purr. What a lovely thought. I can be around them and maybe even own some, but it would be difficult. I am looking into owning animals once I move into a house, so I'd defo look at getting hypoallergnic ones. I would love that.

my ones aren't just ninty fanboys tho! like myself they love all gaming

http://imgur.com/SOGiX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_allergy#Hypoallergenic_cats lil bit of info about um.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

S.Peelman said:
ganoncrotch said:

the twilight hack was basically a game save for legend of zelda twilight princess, the save included a horse who's name was longer than 24 characters which is the max amount of memory that the wii has set aside for the characters name, as such as soon as you load up the save and talk to an npc who would talk about your horse the game freezes and crashes from a memory overflow, killing the wiis protection at the time of the crash to run unsigned code and as soon as the crash happens the homebrew channel can be installed and from there you can run any unsigned code from that channel, it was kinda the same as the 1x1png that causes the original psps to crash into a hackable state.

Edit !!! this doesn't work anymore btw!!! so do not be looking up how to twilight hack your wii, there was a fix to stop it happening but like someone here said it's not the method used to hack wiis now the bannerbomb way is far easier and doesn't envolve you buying a particular game.

It's pretty funny these things can happen.

Though I'm not interesting in doing stuff like this myself, I always like to read about hacks and especially glitches in games. I always find it intreguing how people find out about these things, some fanatic 'hackers' really have too much time on their hands.

they might have too much time on their hands but I mean the end results are amazing, this is what I am greeted with now when I turn on my wii

http://imgur.com/Aun8g

see that 1/16 in the corner heh, that refers to pages of sets of 10 games :D it is just far too good a system to not want to use it, all on a tiny harddrive sitting on top of the wii which is pretty much silent while playing games too compared to the wiis disk drive that kinda loves to grind and whine while playing games.

ganoncrotch said:

they might have too much time on their hands but I mean the end results are amazing, this is what I am greeted with now when I turn on my wii

see that 1/16 in the corner heh, that refers to pages of sets of 10 games :D it is just far too good a system to not want to use it, all on a tiny harddrive sitting on top of the wii which is pretty much silent while playing games too compared to the wiis disk drive that kinda loves to grind and whine while playing games.

What?? You can load games from the HD now, like a virtual clone drive kind of gig??

That is sick. The last I saw of homebrew looked really different.

Incredible how far they've gone.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
ganoncrotch said:

What?? You can load games from the HD now, like a virtual clone drive kind of gig??

That is sick. The last I saw of homebrew looked really different.

Incredible how far they've gone.

Just get yourself a usb harddrive that can be formatted to fat32 and a handful of programs and you're away with it, you need to use the wii itself to read actual wii disks onto the drive to install them, but if you get your hands on wii copied disks or isos from the net you can just transfer the files right onto the drive and the program gets all the info covers images everything you need and just yeah.... too easy to have a games collection installed on the wii considering the price of good big harddrives is so cheap and this is just too cool a hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAHFkWBYmQ4&feature=youtu.be see it in action there, tis well handy.

BasilZero said:

Oh wow didnt know the TP hack was the early version of the step towards modding a Wii lol.

Anyways, I bought the GCN version *_*, I'm one of the 1.59 million.

Hah! I bought both. 

ganoncrotch said:
ganoncrotch said:

Just get yourself a usb harddrive that can be formatted to fat32 and a handful of programs and you're away with it, you need to use the wii itself to read actual wii disks onto the drive to install them, but if you get your hands on wii copied disks or isos from the net you can just transfer the files right onto the drive and the program gets all the info covers images everything you need and just yeah.... too easy to have a games collection installed on the wii considering the price of good big harddrives is so cheap and this is just too cool a hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAHFkWBYmQ4&feature=youtu.be see it in action there, tis well handy.

Bold: Nice, like what you done with it. Has a bit of a Playstation-ey feel to it, but it's better than what it is! 160 games is impressive though!

Italic: This would be the only type of 'digital distribution' I'd get into (it's not really, but I don't know what else to call it). I will never give up my retail discs/cartridges, but the ability to copy them to a hard drive for easy access would be pretty awesome.