By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix announced for the PS3

So why not KH2 also???

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
BasilZero said:

Oh I didnt see the COM part oops ;p

I guess its not a lost cause, but would of been nice to include KH2.

It is pointless arguing with you people. Apart from blind haters you are also noobz. KH has a bunch of sequels and they include a bit of the story

If they made a collection of only KH1 & 2 they would have left out Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories and the collection would be incomplete. Not that you care.

Reported for the bolded/italic/underlined.

Now you see, I stated an opinion without actually calling other people with their opinions names, you however, seem to have some sort of Anti-Opinion agenda and want to take everything at face whatever is thrown to you, if that is how you are, so be it. Is it really that hard to control yourself?

Maybe fans wouldnt complain if SE actually stopped: Capcoming their old FF/DQ games, making sequels to a FF game that the majority of the fanbase despises, making shoddy MMORPGs and later "Remaking them", killing off their other franchises such as the Mana series/Star Ocean series/ValkyrieProfile/etc, making empty announcements (Hello FFversusXIII long time no see) and showing absolutely no results (Hi FFX, where you at?).

Also, I would love a KH collection with KH1 and KH2 only, of course I wouldnt care friend since I'm a fan of the KH series and have already played/own all of the KH games except for the 3DS one which I will in the future thank you very much.

First of all, you didn't state an opinion, you chose to ingore the fact that KH has non numbered sequels & prequel that absolutely belong to a collection since  all you wanted was to rush into some pointless square greed argument, not even readind the description stating two games are included that amount to over 100 hours of gameplay=proper collection.  COM never even made it to EU so your "opinion" is rather closed minded.

Secondly, you assumed FF X-2 would not be included in the HD again for the shake of rushing to some pointless bitching, im sorry, argument. It doesn't matter if it will be, the issue is that we don't know.

Finally, a third installation at this moment would in no way make the millions KH did on the PS2 for the simple reason that Square needs to win the audience back since we are talking about picking up a 10 year old story and a rather convoluted one. Of course new players would be totally alienated.

Square is trying to revive the series in the most complete way possible and all I hear is run of the mill bitching !

BasilZero said:
Tbone said:
So why not KH2 also???

$$$ for potential sequel (a.k.a. Kingdom Hearts 2.5)

This is sad. You listed only a post ago that the series is made up of half a dozen titles. that's why "not KH2 also"

explain to me how "$$$" is constructive and not the usual square hate. i and lots of the 5 mil people who played the original games haven't had the chance to get into the the side games. Square made a decision with the hardcore player in mind.

yes of course im gonna pay them $$$ since they have the games to fill those blurays

I noticed there is no Vita version announced.

Could we speculate that Square will attempt some super awesome HD conversion the Vita can't handle ?!

I really hope Square handles the HD collection itself like FF X HD. After the silent hill collection im a bit suspicious

For those worried about FF X let me remind you that it was not handed over to some third party but stayed within Square. So with 300 people occupied by XIV its obvious that everything else is pushed back.

But as i've said, this announcement means that the XIV development is coming to an end.

BasilZero said:
BasilZero said:

Oh I didnt see the COM part oops ;p

I guess its not a lost cause, but would of been nice to include KH2.

It is pointless arguing with you people. Apart from blind haters you are also noobz. KH has a bunch of sequels and they include a bit of the story

If they made a collection of only KH1 & 2 they would have left out Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories and the collection would be incomplete. Not that you care.

Reported for the bolded/italic/underlined.

Now you see, I stated an opinion without actually calling other people with their opinions names, you however, seem to have some sort of Anti-Opinion agenda and want to take everything at face whatever is thrown to you, if that is how you are, so be it. Is it really that hard to control yourself?

Maybe fans wouldnt complain if SE actually stopped: Capcoming their old FF/DQ games, making sequels to a FF game that the majority of the fanbase despises, making shoddy MMORPGs and later "Remaking them", killing off their other franchises such as the Mana series/Star Ocean series/ValkyrieProfile/etc, making empty announcements (Hello FFversusXIII long time no see) and showing absolutely no results (Hi FFX, where you at?).

Also, I would love a KH collection with KH1 and KH2 only, of course I wouldnt care friend since I'm a fan of the KH series and have already played/own all of the KH games except for the 3DS one which I will in the future thank you very much.

First of all, you didn't state an opinion, you chose to ingore the fact that KH has non numbered sequels & prequel that absolutely belong to a collection since  all you wanted was to rush into some pointless square greed argument, not even readind the description stating two games are included that amount to over 100 hours of gameplay=proper collection.  COM never even made it to EU so your "opinion" is rather closed minded.

Secondly, you assumed FF X-2 would not be included in the HD again for the shake of rushing to some pointless bitching, im sorry, argument. It doesn't matter if it will be, the issue is that we don't know.

Finally, a third installation at this moment would in no way make the millions KH did on the PS2 for the simple reason that Square needs to win the audience back since we are talking about picking up a 10 year old story and a rather convoluted one. Of course new players would be totally alienated.

Square is trying to revive the series in the most complete way possible and all I hear is run of the mill bitching !

BasilZero said:
Tbone said:
So why not KH2 also???

$$$ for potential sequel (a.k.a. Kingdom Hearts 2.5)

This is sad. You listed only a post ago that the series is made up of half a dozen titles. that's why "not KH2 also"

explain to me how "$$$" is constructive and not the usual square hate. i and lots of the 5 mil people who played the original games haven't had the chance to get into the the side games. Square made a decision with the hardcore player in mind.

yes of course im gonna pay them $$$ since they have the games to fill those blurays

@ DigitalDevilSummoner  I'm not going to moderate you this time for saying that Basil is pointlessly bitching because you are not personally attacking him here (and I don't want to ban you again when you immediately get back after I already banned you for cursing him out), but it is borderline.  I suggest that you stay out of this thread and try to be more respectful of others in the future.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

BasilZero said:

First of all reported for using foul language at me for no reason and saying my opinion was pointless, I was stating a opinion...

Point #1. You said that other collections include all the major titles. These other game series don't have numerous titles like KH which sports the impressive half a dozen. Secondly they are not action rpg games which means an average of at least 40 hours of gameplay per game, in other words KH are far bigger games , thusly take far more work to upgrade, change the textures, effects etc. So 3 titles in one box would be a stretch for an RPG. This 1.5 collection features far more gameplay hours than even the 3-game collections.

Point #2. COM GBA and COM PS2 are nowhere near the same thing as a gameplay experience. Don't patronize me. A lot less people have played the side games compared to the main series (see sales). NOT the the majority, that is your wrong opinion. This is the perfect chance.

Point #3. They do need to win back the audience since we are not talking about a stand alone game like Final Fantasy but the continuation of a story that is both rather complicated and many years old. I'm not saying people started to hate the game I'm saying that a lot of "casuals" like me who last played KH2 6 years ago would feel somewhat alienated by a KH3, not to mention that new gamers would feel left out. You vaguely refer to an eagerly waiting audience but nothing you say speaks in numbers, 4 to 5 millions to be precise that Square is after judging by 1 and 2 sales. 

Point #4. Nothing you said is proof that X-2 will be included or not. But the real issue is that you used this to back up you initial "one game" argument which came from you rushing to blame Square without noticing that 2 games are included in the KH collection.

Point #5. Complaining for "milking" when it comes to collections is simply a cheap blow. The Ico and the Metal Gear collections absolutely deserve their money in terms of the work that went into restoring the games and the value for both old and new gamers.

I don't like Square for no reason. They went about doing this complication with the hardcore gamer in mind. The one who wants to relive the whole KH experience in its entirety and in the best possible way technology allows, before KH 3. Restoring 6 RPGs is no small task and Square is doing that for about 70$ (day one price for HD collections is 35$). There is a difference between arguments and opinions.

Around the Network

Only one game? No vita version? Oh Square-Enix, I love how you always find new ways to disappoint me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kinda disappointed there is no KH2 HD.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)