By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

If YOU choose to blame the wrong people then that's YOUR problem, you can argue till you're blue in the face but you still won't be right.

Sony doesn't lower the PS3's price so I'm not buying it. The end.

And I lived happily ever after.

Obviously not because you wanted a PS3, and now because you can't accept the fact that the prices were at the levels they were due to retailers getting in to a price war you don't get to have a PS3.

I wanted a PS3 for a good price. 299,- is not a good price imo.

And I can accept the fact that the prices were at the levels they were due to retailers getting in to a price war.

I can also accept the fact that Sony will be releasing a pointless redesign instead of lowering the price.

Now Sony will just have to accept I won't buy the PS3 this year.

Although I doubt they will get as worked up over it as you...

Around the Network

I'm not so sure it will dominate sales, but I believe that it will do very well for the rest of the year. It seems to me that Sony is trying to get the most money for each console sold so they can start to recoup losses that they have had in the past few years. Which IMO is the best thing sony can do right now because I do not want them to go bankrupt.

Nope it's set to get dominated. The Super Slim was a major disappointment, came with a price increase or is just a plain horrible deal. I think it's pretty safe to say the PS3 will definitely not sell the most this year(3DS) and it's screwed next year. I guess Sony is finally paying for all those millions of profits spent on saving a failure that could never make it back.

pezus said:
ninetailschris said:
Who cares about the new model besides sony fans in the first place?

If you were going to buy a ps3 it's not going to be because of the slim.

I don't know...

Something tells me this will be a huge seller. FIFA boosts the PS3 each year, but what happens when a sexy-looking model releases along with it?

Or they can buy PS3 slim a cheaper price and buy the game. 

As some have said on here said it isn't sexy. The ps2 slim was sexy this is just weird looking. Plus I believe most people who buy FIFA already own a ps3 or xbox360. If they don't I don't see why they don't buy the cheaper xbox360 and game which I believe would save them money. Unless they want live but even then you get a free game bundled with every Xbox360 so you save money in the long run.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
pezus said:
ninetailschris said:

I don't know...

Something tells me this will be a huge seller. FIFA boosts the PS3 each year, but what happens when a sexy-looking model releases along with it?

As some have said on here said it isn't sexy. The ps2 slim was sexy this is just weird looking. Plus I believe most people who buy FIFA already own a ps3 or xbox360. If they don't I don't see why they don't buy the cheaper xbox360 and game which I believe would save them money. Unless they want live but even then you get a free game bundled with every Xbox360 so you save money in the long run.

Pezus says it's sexy looking on every thread he can, so it must be true. It doesn't matter that it's being destroyed in forums because it's an aberration, If Pezus says it's sexy-looking, then it's sexy-looking

Around the Network
Kynes said:
ninetailschris said:
pezus said:
ninetailschris said:

I don't know...

Pezus says it's sexy looking on every thread he can, so it must be true. It doesn't matter that it's being destroyed in forums because it's an aberration, If Pezus says it's sexy-looking, then it's sexy-looking

People can have opinions lol. IMO lookswise original phat>SS>slim.

phenom08 said:
Nope it's set to get dominated. The Super Slim was a major disappointment, came with a price increase or is just a plain horrible deal. I think it's pretty safe to say the PS3 will definitely not sell the most this year(3DS) and it's screwed next year. I guess Sony is finally paying for all those millions of profits spent on saving a failure that could never make it back.

ha ha, I absolutely love your comments. I totally agree that Sony will get dominated this holiday season. Sony absolutely has lost the plot, I mean what in the hell is the point of releasing a redesigned PS3 only to have it exactly the same price as your last redesign? What that means it there is abosolutley no incentive to buy a slimmer than slim but no chaper PS3 other than the fact that its, err slimmer?

As for sales, with Nintendo's preorders alone for the Wii U, they will outsell the PS3 slim and PS3 slimmer than slim but no cheaper, ha ha. Next thing you know Sony will release a new Vita, and forget to drop the price,...wait, they already did!

As for Microsoft, all Halo fans already have 360s, so not much of a boost for this console, but game will sell a lot. But the 360 will beat out the slimmer than slim but no cheaper PS3, but both will ultimately come in behind the Wii U.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Farsala said:
Kynes said:
ninetailschris said:
pezus said:
ninetailschris said:

I don't know...

People can have opinions lol. IMO lookswise original phat>SS>slim.

He has to push it being sexy on us, so when it underperforms, he can say the "casuals" are dumb for not buying it, even though its a complete rip-off. I see it doing ok, less than last year and clear proof of the PS3 being on its way out. Definitely not making it to 100M now.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

What are you always going on about. I have a PS3 already and I don't live in the states so the price doesn't affect me.

Then why do you care about the "deals with this new model?" Don't worry I know why, when the PS3 performs well, you go balistic, but when it underperforms, you say, I don't care I play games not sales.

Get out of this thread and stop replying to me if you can't do it without including childish retorts. That's me asking.

I'm not being childish you just can't take the heat. You are only preparing your excuse for when it underperforms. Don't worry we'll be calling when it comes no where near dominance. Why not extend your prediction into 2013? How about the PS3 will win 2013 as well. I'm sure you aren't worried.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Get out of this thread and stop replying to me if you can't do it without including childish retorts. That's me asking.

I'm not being childish you just can't take the heat. You are only preparing your excuse for when it underperforms. Don't worry we'll be calling when it comes no where near dominance. Why not extend your prediction into 2013? How about the PS3 will win 2013 as well. I'm sure you aren't worried.

Do you have reading problems? I already said I think Wii U will sell the most in 2013.

Do you think the PS3 can outsell the WiiU during launch week? Like the 3DS did to the Vita in Japan when it launched. Also why don't you count the 3DS? Home consoles can outsell handhelds, just ask the PSP and Vita.