By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
I will most certainly not be buying a PS3 this year. I had hoped Sony would reduce the price allowing me to pick one up real cheap. Then, with the rumors of a slimmer version, I reckoned "Well, that'll probably be the same price but with more storage and such". Here we are, slimmer version, more storage,......

And a higher price....

THE BASE MODEL IS NOT GOING UP BY $20 TO $269 THAT IS THE BUNDLE PRICE, THE NORMAL PRICE IS STILL $249.

SHOUTING DOESNT MAKE IT CHEAPER HERE.

It's nice that you guys get a bundle for 269, here however people will have to pay 299 EUROS!! for the bundle.

The PS3 Slim with a 320 GB HDD costs 229 Euros, Sony is replacing that with a HDD-less Super Slim for the same price. So, the base model AND the bundle is going up in price here.

Next time, think before you comment.

229 Euros isn't Sony's price, that's down to retailers in Europe having a price war and the same thing will happen again sooner rather then later with the new models. Bitch at the retailers not Sony.

No, that's the price Sony has set. Retailers haven't given it a price yet because it isnt available yet. Not even for pre-orders. Sony has set the price at 229 for the base model with the 12 GB of flash memory and 299 for the FIFA 13 bundle with the 500 GB HDD.

Retailers will probably offer better pricing but it would have helped if Sony had at least priced the new console at the same level as the Slim.

Around the Network
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
I will most certainly not be buying a PS3 this year. I had hoped Sony would reduce the price allowing me to pick one up real cheap. Then, with the rumors of a slimmer version, I reckoned "Well, that'll probably be the same price but with more storage and such". Here we are, slimmer version, more storage,......

And a higher price....

THE BASE MODEL IS NOT GOING UP BY $20 TO $269 THAT IS THE BUNDLE PRICE, THE NORMAL PRICE IS STILL $249.

It's nice that you guys get a bundle for 269, here however people will have to pay 299 EUROS!! for the bundle.

The PS3 Slim with a 320 GB HDD costs 229 Euros, Sony is replacing that with a HDD-less Super Slim for the same price. So, the base model AND the bundle is going up in price here.

229 Euros isn't Sony's price, that's down to retailers in Europe having a price war and the same thing will happen again sooner rather then later with the new models. Bitch at the retailers not Sony.

No, that's the price Sony has set. Retailers haven't given it a price yet because it isnt available yet. Not even for pre-orders. Sony has set the price at 229 for the base model with the 12 GB of flash memory and 299 for the FIFA 13 bundle with the 500 GB HDD.

Retailers will probably offer better pricing but it would have helped if Sony had at least priced the new console at the same level as the Slim.

No you've misunderstood what i said, the current low prices for the 160gb and 320gb ps3 consoles in Europe are a result of retailers having a price war.

3DS will crush PS3 for the rest of the year; but the Wii U is going to be the hottest star this holiday season.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The super slim bundles are crazy good specially the one with Assasins Creed 3. People are forgeting that those prices include games and HD bumps.

cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:

And a higher price....

No you've misunderstood what i said, the current low prices for the 160gb and 320gb ps3 consoles in Europe are a result of retailers having a price war.

So? Is that my problem or Sony's? All I care about is retail price. It's Sony's choice to release the console 70 euro's above the current premium model and 30 euro's above the base without an HDD.

Around the Network
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:

And a higher price....

So? Is that my problem or Sony's? All I care about is retail price. It's Sony's choice to release the console 70 euro's above the current premium model and 30 euro's above the base without an HDD.

If retailers were stupid enough to get into a price war in europe then that's their fault, Sony set the retail price in Europe and retailers chose to break it, so if you want to be mad at somebody then it's the retailers.

cookingyourmama said:

If retailers were stupid enough to get into a price war in europe then that's their fault, Sony set the retail price in Europe and retailers chose to break it, so if you want to be mad at somebody then it's the retailers.

LOL! What?! I should be mad at retailers because they offer hardware at a lower price than the manufacturer?!

Bad retailers! Going around saving people money with a price war. Who do they think they are?

Hahahaha.

KylieDog said:
pezus said:

The price for the model is similar to the old slim, but it's far sleeker and there's a cheaper 12GB model available in Europe.

Is not cheaper, is same price as 160GB Slim.  Is stupid.

No, according to pezus, the few centimeters in downsizing outweighs the fact tht they just raised the price. 

C'mon pezus...

Yay!!!

I expected the 12GB pricing to be more aggressive, although many people fail to tell official list price from the street one, and I don't like the new look at all (actually I still think the top for PlayStation design was reached with PS2)
Anyway, redesign, bigger HDDs, bundles should give it a good Xmas, and extend its life enough to avoid having to rush PS4 launch, and this is as important as a good Xmas for Sony.
I'm disappointed by thew 12GB pricing, because it makes a lot harder to happen what I was suggesting, a PS3+PSV bundle priced at $400 or less. Yes, it could still be made, but with a game bundled too (a bundled game supporting playing with PS3 and PSV combined is necessary to push that feature) it would mean more than 20% discount compared to the parts purchased separately just to stay within $400, while with a 12GB PS3 priced under $200, a %20 discount on the bundle would mean a price competing with the hi-end WiiU model, far more effective.
Anyway, yes, the new offer isn't enough to push PS3 to its maximum potential this Xmas, but it should be enough to grant it a good sales performance.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:

LOL! What?! I should be mad at retailers because they offer hardware at a lower price than the manufacturer?!

Bad retailers! Going around saving people money with a price war. Who do they think they are?

Hahahaha.

Hahahahaha nope, you can't have it both ways, you can bitch and moan all you like but you can't ignore the actual real reason why this has happened. You're problem is there is now a price difference in Europe and the fact is the only reason why that price difference exists is because retailers chose to break the recommended retail price of the PS3. That's the retailers fault.