By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS3 set to dominate console sales for the rest of the year?

Sony basically just said today that they are not competing this Holiday season, they will be dead last in sales with this new pricing.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Sony basically just said today that they are not competing this Holiday season, they will be dead last in sales with this new pricing.

Sony said that?

Seems like it will. Though I don't see much happening in the U.S.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Nsanity said:
Blood_Tears said:

Sony said that?

They don't have to verbally say the words, it's pretty much a given when they release a new entry model 20 dollars higher then the current entry model.

cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
I will most certainly not be buying a PS3 this year. I had hoped Sony would reduce the price allowing me to pick one up real cheap. Then, with the rumors of a slimmer version, I reckoned "Well, that'll probably be the same price but with more storage and such". Here we are, slimmer version, more storage,......

And a higher price....

THE BASE MODEL IS NOT GOING UP BY $20 TO $269 THAT IS THE BUNDLE PRICE, THE NORMAL PRICE IS STILL $249.

Except the new slim model stand alone will not be available at launch. Only the bundle version which is 20 dollars more will be available day 1. Sony is delibertately holding back the stand alone slimmer console just so they can milk the extra 20 dollars.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kenology said:
lol @ all the backpedaling in this thread...

Now we're redefining the word "dominate" after the reality has set in, lmao

The word was redefined before I even made the thread. Feel free to comment on the issue though. Do you think Wii will outsell it? Maybe I should just say "Will PS3 dominate the Wii ecosystem for the rest of the year?"

That would still backpedaling, lol!  PS3 will outsell the Wii this holiday season, yes, but it won't dominate the Wii at all as I think it might surprise some people and put up some respectable numbers. 

If by Wii ecosystem, you're talking Wii *and* Wii U then I'll just say you're absolutely crazy and out of your mind!

pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:
Kenology said:
lol @ all the backpedaling in this thread...

Now we're redefining the word "dominate" after the reality has set in, lmao

The word was redefined before I even made the thread. Feel free to comment on the issue though. Do you think Wii will outsell it? Maybe I should just say "Will PS3 dominate the Wii ecosystem for the rest of the year?"

That would still backpedaling, lol!  PS3 will outsell the Wii this holiday season, yes, but it won't dominate the Wii at all as I think it might surprise some people and put up some respectable numbers. 

If by Wii ecosystem, you're talking Wii *and* Wii U then I'll just say you're absolutely crazy and out of your mind!

Wii will surprise people? Last year PS3 easily sold more from Oct-Dec, this time it will dominate the Wii. Wii will be lucky to sell more than 3m. PS3 will sell another 6-7m. That's even domination by your definition.

Where did you ever read "holiday season"? I said for the rest of the year, so PS3>Wii+Wii U from NOW to January. I'd be willing to bet this will be the case if I wasn't all betted out at the moment.

That's not even fair.  The Wii U isn't even out yet, so the PS3 gets two free months vs the Wii before the Wii U.  lol, silly.

pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:

Wii will surprise people? Last year PS3 easily sold more from Oct-Dec, this time it will dominate the Wii. Wii will be lucky to sell more than 3m. PS3 will sell another 6-7m. That's even domination by your definition.

Where did you ever read "holiday season"? I said for the rest of the year, so PS3>Wii+Wii U from NOW to January. I'd be willing to bet this will be the case if I wasn't all betted out at the moment.

That's not even fair.  The Wii U isn't even out yet, so the PS3 gets two free months vs the Wii before the Wii U.  lol, silly.

Now I'm suddenly not crazy!

Nah, you still are!  Because that's not even fair, so I gave you more credit than you were due and the benefit of the doubt by assuming you were talking holiday season.  But turns out, I got a little ahead of myself!

cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:
I will most certainly not be buying a PS3 this year. I had hoped Sony would reduce the price allowing me to pick one up real cheap. Then, with the rumors of a slimmer version, I reckoned "Well, that'll probably be the same price but with more storage and such". Here we are, slimmer version, more storage,......

And a higher price....

THE BASE MODEL IS NOT GOING UP BY $20 TO $269 THAT IS THE BUNDLE PRICE, THE NORMAL PRICE IS STILL $249.

SHOUTING DOESNT MAKE IT CHEAPER HERE.

It's nice that you guys get a bundle for 269, here however people will have to pay 299 EUROS!! for the bundle.

The PS3 Slim with a 320 GB HDD costs 229 Euros, Sony is replacing that with a HDD-less Super Slim for the same price. So, the base model AND the bundle is going up in price here.

Next time, think before you comment.

Baron said:
cookingyourmama said:
Baron said:

And a higher price....

SHOUTING DOESNT MAKE IT CHEAPER HERE.

It's nice that you guys get a bundle for 269, here however people will have to pay 299 EUROS!! for the bundle.

The PS3 Slim with a 320 GB HDD costs 229 Euros, Sony is replacing that with a HDD-less Super Slim for the same price. So, the base model AND the bundle is going up in price here.

Next time, think before you comment.

229 Euros isn't Sony's price, that's down to retailers in Europe having a price war and the same thing will happen again sooner rather then later with the new models. Bitch at the retailers not Sony.