By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

i am glad i got a current slim ps3 a few weeks ago, cause the new super slim ps3 is the ugliest system i have ever seen.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

For the first time ever I'm glad I bought the system BEFORE the new revision release XD

pezus said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:
Player2 said:

12 GB Flash memory? Damn, Sony copying Nintendo again.

Sony began testing it in 2006

And Nintendo began testing it in...?

2013 would be my guess

Oh, I forgot that the Wii still used punched cards for storage. My bad.

Player2 said:
pezus said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:
Player2 said:

2013 would be my guess

That explains why MHT took so long to load. 

the only thing i dont like is the top. if it was all gloss black like the front part it would have looked sleek.

Around the Network
poroporo said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:
Player2 said:
pezus said:
Player2 said:

2013 would be my guess

That explains why MHT took so long to load. 

Since lots of games didn't have that problem I'll blame lazy devs.

Top slider should have been transparent.

Here in NZ the pricing has been announced (incl sales tax) 12GB $399, 500GB $516 For comparison the current 160GB model is retail at $476, the 320GB model is about $550. But the press release said retailers are free to set their own price.

We're already seeing really special deals on the 500GB model. One game retailer is doing a pre-order deal with GoWIII AND Borderlands 2 AND a second controller for $479. Or LBP and Fifa 13 plus extra cotroller for $479. Those are some sweet deals. Same price as the vanilla non-discounted 160GB semi-slim but 2 games and a controller.

NZ dollar is currently worth about 0.83 USD and 64.4JPY

I think Aussie is getting a bit of a raw deal on the standard price. Aussie dollar is worth more than the US dollar yet the ticket price for the Aussie is more than the US price even if you add a 20% sales tax to the US price. Harsh. I assume Aussie retailers will do some sweet discounts

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pezus said:
chocoloco said:
crissindahouse said:

super slim unboxing

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/19/ps3-super-slim-unboxing?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The lack of an automatic HDMI cable is atrocious at this point in the game. Lol, I can tell this is a rehearsed un-boxing.

Dude "Sony told us this might be louder than the old one let us show it and analyze in great detail."

Bored Brah "Wow."  This is so importante."

Dude, "Notice the two USB ports that suck, there used to be 4 in the phhh....aaaat." Lol, obviously reducing this was a price saving decision.

My veiw, ugly and I hate the new top loading disc. I miss my phat, still this will be mine asap!

"Here's the ethernet cable" *picks up the USB cable...*

Haha... and I said it was rehearsed. woops.